Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 15 - CHAPTER 8

I sat next to Alice on the bus, as usual. "Should I just.... stop worrying about Chris and Geoffry?"
Alice nodded in kind of a 'duh' way, "Yes, that's what I've been saying." She said slowly. 
I thought the idea over deciding against it, "But.... Chris is practically a baby! I mean, he cried when we watched Bambi!"
Alice shrugged, "Well, it's pretty sad."
I shook my head, "That wasn't it. It was too scary for him."
"Oh." Alice cleared her throat, "I thought you were the one always complaining about Chris being too clingy."
I whimpered, "Well, yeah, but....." 
Alice gave me a look and I sighed, "Fine, I'll leave the young lovers alone."
She smiled and changed the subject. We talked for the rest of the bus ride about random stuff. When I got home, I was crossing my fingers that Geoffry wouldn't be there. I looked around, no Chris. "Hey, Mom! Where's Chris?" I said.
Mom called to me from the kitchen, "Hi, Angie! He's in his room."
I walked to Chris's room and cautiously opened the door. "Chris?" I said quietly. He was sitting at his computer, watching episodes of Glee on Hulu. "Screw you, Terri!" He wailed, bawling into his sleeve. Ah, such an emotional child. I was kind of afraid that Geoffry would've been there when I opened the door but, thank god, he wasn't.
I sat in the living room, watching TV, when Chris came in. I looked up at him, "Watching Glee again?"
He nodded, sniffing. "I can't believe Terri would lie about that, she is such a...." Chris sighed, "Well, I'm not going to say the word." 
I grinned at Chris's Chrisness, unable to say any bad words in front of Mom. He tried not to swear at all, but he did sometimes. I studied Chris in his long sleeve shirt, blue sweater vest, and long pants. Maybe that was it, the reason why I was worried about him being around Geoffry so much. Chris is so pristine and pure and modest and Geoffry's so.... not. I guess I was a little worried about Geoffry being, well, I don't know.... creepy. I don't know the kid that well and I wasn't too sure how he usually expressed his love. I mean, I know that sounds bad, but think about it, Geoffry had only known Chris for about two weeks when he kissed him.
I swallowed, "Hey, Chris?" 
"Mm?" 
"Um...." I said uncertainly, hoping Chris wouldn't get mad at me, "H-how are things going with Geoffry?"
Chris looked at me suspiciously, "Fine, just fine."
"So he hasn't done anything that seemed at all.... creepy... to you? Nothing bad?"
Chris studied my face and said slowly, "Nope, he hasn't. What do you have against him, Ange?"
I shook my head, "Nothing! Nothing, I uh......" Chris raised an eyebrow at me, he didn't believe me. I pretended to be really interested in what was on TV and Chris left. 




Phew! That was close.

No comments:

Post a Comment