Friday, January 22, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 15 - CHAPTER 3

We decided not to tell Mom and Dad about... ah, I can't even say it. Geoffry making out with my baby brother, so weird, almost scarring. Especially how Chris...... liked it.
I swallowed, thinking about it as I sat at my desk in study hall. Alice whispered to me, "Are you okay, Ange?"
I managed a groaning sound that sounded like someone had just kicked a goat and Alice retracted, patting me on the back and saying, "You don't have to tell me."
"I'll tell you at recess." I groaned, doubling over like I had been punched in the stomach. Alice studied my face, looking worried , but she let it be until recess. 
Alice actually had to pester me until I told her. "Um...." I said, feeling the blood drain from my face. I don't know why it bothered me so much, I guess Chris actually being a teenager is just alien to me. Alice nodded for me to go on.
"Uhh..... You know Geoffry? He sits with us every day." I said stupidly, kind of stalling. Alice nodded and I swallowed, continuing. "Geoffry.... ahh...... Geoffry came over yesterday.... and... we went to a drive-in, m-me, Geoffry, and..... Chris." Alice nodded anxiously. 
"And..... Geoffry kissed Chris." I said quietly, "But he didn't kiss him, he like, attacked him! With his lips!" 
Alice blinked stupidly, looking a lot like how I probably looked when I saw.... it. She cleared her throat loudly, "Um.... Well, I didn't see that one coming." She looked away for a second, then back at my desperate face. "Is that..... bad?"
"Yes!" I exclaimed, "Chris is, like, a baby! He still believes in Santa Claus! He still watches Blue's Clues!"
Alice blinked again, "He still believes in Santa Claus?"
I sighed, shaking my head, "Nah, that one was an exaggeration, but he's like a little kid! You know that song, uh.... You're just a baby in disguise and though you know blah blah blah...."
"Young Girl?" Alice suggested.
"Yes!" I shouted, "That's what Chris is!"
Alice raised an eyebrow at me, "A young girl?"
I shook my head, "Uh, no, no. Not...."
Alice sat down next to me and said, "You know, Angie. Everyone grows up sometime. You need to let go of the past."
I looked at her and said, "You sound like Mister Rogers' daughter."
Alice laughed, "I'll see you later, Ange." She patted my shoulder.
"Bye, Alice." I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment