Friday, October 29, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 25 - CHAPTER 3

I dragged my feet as I walked to the cheerleaders' table at lunch. I was going to invite Kathy over to our house for the party.
She was sitting between Gwen and Michelle, her red hair falling perfectly over her left shoulder.
"H-hey, Kathy?" I said nervously.
Kathy and most of the other cheerleaders looked at me.
Kathy eyed me and said, "Oh, it's you."
Well, that was a bit blunt.
"What is it?" Kathy said, and she put down her fork. That relieved me a bit.
"Umm..." I said, "I... Just wanted to know if... You wanted to come to a party and my house."
Kathy and the other cheerleaders eyed me silently and I stuttered, "I-it was kind of a stupid idea, but whatever..."
God, Angie. You sound like an idiot. I thought.
"Who is going?" Kathy asked suspiciously.
"Um, me and Chris will be there... Obviously." I said, "Then, Leo, Mouse, Alice, and Tae-Hyun."
Kathy's eyes narrowed and she said, "Tae-Hyun... That new kid?"
You know him, Kathy. Don't be a stubborn idiot and pretend you don't know Tae-Hyun just because you don't like him. I wanted to say, but I was too scared.
"Yes," I said, "He's actually been here a while now..."
Kathy sighed and stood up, her hands on her hips.
"What are you doing, Angela?" Kathy said.
I knit my eyebrows and said, "What... Do you mean?"
"Why are you inviting me to your party?" Kathy said, "Alice and I don't get along, Tae-Hyun and I don't get along, you and I don't get along..."
"Tae-Hyun never did anything to you." I said, "Neither did Alice. Or me, for that matter. You need to stop holding grudges against people because you're jealous. It's worthless."
"Wow, you are such a loser." Gwen, one of the cheerleaders, laughed. She took a swig of water from a bottle.
Kathy studied me, lips pursed. She stared at me for a long time.
I stared back at her and said softly, "Just come. Please. We used to be friends and then you got mad at us. At least come and see if we can get along without someone getting killed."
Kathy studied me for a moment more and her face softened just the tiniest bit.
"Okay," She said, "That might be okay."
Her answer kind of surprised me, but I smiled gently and said, "Okay. See you then."
Kathy nodded and I walked back to my friends and sat down between Leo and Alice.
"Kathy might come to the party." I said.
"Wonderful." Alice said.
I looked at her, a little surprised.
"Come on," I said, "I said she should come to see if we can all be together without killing each other."
Alice sighed and nodded.
"You're still going, right?" Chris asked her.
Alice looked at him and said, "Of course."




This was going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment