Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 24 - CHAPTER 11

Chris laid awake with his eyes wide open.




I can not sleep in the same place as two bullies. He thought, This is torture.
Chris wasn't going to wake Lester up. He was no help anyway.
What should I do? Chris thought.


"Angie... AAAnngiiiieee...."
I groaned, "What?"
I opened my eyes and Chris was staring at me.
"What the hell?" I said sleepily, "Chris?"
"I can't sleep." Chris said.
I made myself sit up and whispered, "Chris, why did you come here to tell me that? Go to sleep."
"That's the problem! I can't!" Chris said.
I stared at him and he said, "Angie, I need my inhaler."
"No, you don't, you liar." I said.
"Yes, I do." Chris said, falling to his knees, "I... Can't... Breeeeaatheee."
I gave him a look and said, "If I get your inhaler, will you go to bed?"
Chris nodded quickly.
I rolled my eyes and got up.
"Come on." I said.
Chris shook his head, "I'll be here."
I sighed, "Fine, Lazy. But you better not wake up the other girls. They'll kill you."
Chris snorted, "Yeah, Jenny and Tina are gonna kick my ass."
"And Michelle." I said.
"Ooh, terrifying." Chris said sarcastically.
I stumbled over to my duffle bag and got out a flashlight.
I put on my shoes without any socks, creaked open the cabin door, and closed it quietly behind me.


Tae-Hyun was still bent over the toilet, puking.
God, poor girl. Leo thought, stroking her hair, She's been wearing that hoodie all day on the hottest day of the year. No wonder she's so sick.
Tae-Hyun breathed heavily and stared into the disgusting mess she had produced. (Nice image, right? Thank me later.)
"Hey, Leo." Tae-Hyun said.
"Yes?"
Tae-Hyun took a deep breath and said, "Thank you for being here with me."
Leo smiled warmly and Tae-Hyun turned around to face him.
"Yeah, no problem." Leo said, "You're sick, and I want to stay with you and make sure you're doing alright."
Tae-Hyun smiled and said, "Leo, you are very, very sweet."
Leo grinned and looked down at his lap sheepishly.


I opened the door to the Main Building and went inside. It seemed so big and echoey when no one else was around. I looked around the room, the only sound was the sound of my sneakers clacking against the floor.
I walked to the main office, where all the kids' medical stuff was kept in lockers.
I opened up my and Chris' locker and got his inhaler. I stuffed it into the pocket of my pajama pants and I was about to leave, but then I thought, The bathroom is probably nicer in here than in the cabins.
I walked over to the bathroom; The door had the unisex sign on it. Great.
I pushed it open anyway and stopped dead in my tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment