Friday, October 22, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 24 - CHAPTER 17

Chris, Tina, and I were walking from our cabins to the Mess Hall the next day.
Daniel, Johnny, Joey, and Buck stepped in front of us.
"Hey, what's up, losers?" Daniel said.
"Really? Do you have to ruin our lives today?" Chris said, trying to pass Daniel, "I'm really not in the mood."
Daniel laughed hollowly and said, "That's why it's the perfect time."
"So," Buck said, "What's up with that Asian kid? 'Heard he was blowing chunks all over the place!"
"Are you seriously bringing Tae-Hyun into this?" Chris said, "You're such a jerk."
"What's it to ya, Shrimp?" Johnny said, giving Chris a shove with one hand.
Chris stumbled and caught himself. The bullies laughed loudly at him and Joey threw the wrapper from a candy bar he was eating at Chris.
"So," Joey said between bites of candy, "Does he make hisself puke, like you?"
"What?" Chris said, his voice wavering a little, "What do you mean?"
"The Asian." Johnny said, taking a swig from a water bottle, "Does he shove his finger down his throat like you do?"
Chris shook his head and took a step back. He said weakly, "I don't know what you're talking about. What about me?"
Johnny smirked and shook his water bottle, "Remember? Last summer? You were hackin' up your lunch everywhere."
"Stop it, Johnny!" I yelled.
Chris put his hand over his mouth and said through his fingers, "I'm no bulimic. You were the one who..."
"Who what?" Johnny said, "Sucks face with other guys?"
Johnny shook his head and took another drink of his water, "Nope. That's you. The puking gay kid,"
"Shut up, Johnny!" Chris cried.
"Who makes himself throw up!" Johnny yelled.
"NO! I NEVER DID THAT!" Chris screamed, and he ran away crying.
Yes, he did. Chris did make himself throw up. Once. And it was not at camp last summer like Johnny said it was. Last summer, Johnny stuck Ipecac into Chris' water bottle and made him throw up.
Johnny and his friends laughed and high-fived each other.
I stomped over to him and screamed in his face, "I can't believe you would do that to him! That's a really hard topic for him!"
"Why?" Buck said, "'Cuz it's true?"
Joey laughed and patted his friend hard on the back.
"Shut up!" I said.
"You know it's true." Johnny said to me, "Your brother is a f-g who sticks his finger down his throat. He's a retard."
"You're an ass, John!" I yelled, shoving him.
His friends laughed and 'Oohed'.
"What, am I pissing you off, Blondie?" Johnny said, laughing, "You wanna piece of me?"
"I'm gonna kill you!" I yelled, running at him.
Someone's finger barely touched my neck and I collapsed.
I rubbed my neck and looked up, "What the hell, Tina?"
"Violence is not the answer to your problems." Tina said calmly.
Shakily, I got to my feet and said, "Does what you just did not count as violence?"
"That was a pressure point." Tina said, "And no, it does not count. I was stopping you from getting in a fight with Johnny."
"Why?" I exclaimed.
"Because," Tina said casually, "He would kill you."
Johnny and the gang laughed and Johnny said, "The freak's right, Blondie. You don't stand a chance."
Tina calmly walked over to Johnny. With almost no emotion on her face and the slightest hint of cheeriness to her voice, she said, "You boys were very, very disrespectful of Chris and Angela's emotions. As a result of your torments toward them, your consciences will forever be bathed in the toxic, burning flames of guilt. May regret forever be buried in your damaged souls."
The football players stared at Tina as she and I walked away, dumbfounded.
"Wow," I said, "Well done."
"Thank you." Tina said, "Now, we should find your brother."

No comments:

Post a Comment