Friday, October 1, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 23 - CHAPTER 20

I sat at my desk in History, bored to death.
Tae-Hyun's eyes didn't leave the chalkboard the entire time; He was paying undivided attention.
Leo was trying not to fall asleep on his textbook. I just went ahead and went to sleep.


When I woke up, a girl was sitting in front of me, staring at me.
I jumped up and did a weird ninja move thing.
"Who are you and why were you watching me sleep?" Wow, could that have possibly sounded dumber?
"I'm doing your classwork." The girl said calmly. She had a thick accent, but I couldn't tell where she was from. "Do you have any idea how much you missed? We learned all about France and Napoleon Dynamite..."
I furrowed my eyebrows and said, "I'm pretty sure that's not the Napoleon Mr. Howard was talking about."
"So," The girl said, putting her elbows on the table, "Wanna ask my name?"
"Not really."
"Are you sure?"
I eyed the girl and said slowly, "Okay, what's your nam-"
"MITSUKO!!!" The girl screamed.
I looked at her and said, "Um... Okay. Hi, Mitsuko."
"What's yours???" Mitsuko said enthusiastically.
"Angie..." I said slowly.
"What's your last name?" Mitsuko said, her eyes gleaming just the way Kathy's did when she talked to Chris.
"... I'm not sure I'm comfortable telling you that." I said slowly.
"Hey, Angie." Mitsuko said.
I shrugged and she said, "Can I stalk you?"
"WHAT?" I said, surprised.
"To lunch?" Mitsuko said, and I could've sworn her smile did that sparkle thing like on TV.
"Um..." I said, slowly getting up from the table, "Sure..."
Mitsuko beamed, "Coolness. See you there, Angie!"
Then, she was gone in a second.
I turned and walked to Study Hall. Shaking my head, I said to myself, "Why..."

No comments:

Post a Comment