Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 24 - CHAPTER 12

I opened the bathroom door to see Leo and Tae-Hyun sitting by the toilet.


For a second I thought Tae-Hyun was completely shirtless, but then I noticed the ace bandage wrapped around his chest. What?
"A-Angela!" Leo said, "Wha... I...."
I stared at Tae-Hyun, who was watching me with wide eyes.
I looked closer at the ace bandage around his chest.
No, I thought, That can't be...
I could've sworn Tae-Hyun had breasts.
Oh my God, is Tae-Hyun...
I stared at Tae-Hyun and Leo.
"Tae-Hyun," I said, eyes wide, "You're a girl?"
"Ange, I can explain-" Leo stuttered, standing up.
"Oh my God!" I cried, covering my face with my hands, "Oh my God, you're... You're..."
"Angie, please, listen to me-" Leo said, but I cut him off.
"Oh my God, why didn't you tell me?" I exclaimed, "I knew you were hiding something, but, but... Th-this?"
"Angela!" Leo said, clapping his hands on my shoulders. He looked me straight in the eye and said, dead serious, "I know, you're surprised. I was too. But you need to calm down."
"Calm down?" I cried, "How the hell can I calm down when-"
Leo put his hand over my mouth and said, "Angela. You can not tell anyone, you got it? If you do, you'll blow Tae-Hyun's cover."
Leo's hand still over my mouth, I stared at Leo, then I glanced at Tae-Hyun. Her eyes were on me and they looked wide and scared.
I looked back at Leo and he said, "You can't tell anyone."
He moved his hand and I instantly said, "But why did she... Wha..."
"It's... A long... Story." Tae-Hyun said slowly.
Leo and I both looked at her.
"I... Can..." Tae-Hyun said between breaths.
Leo's eyes widened and he said, "Tae-Hyun....?"
Tae-Hyun passed out and Leo got to her right before she hit her head on the floor.
Leo stared at her with huge eyes. He looked at me.
I swear, I have never seen him look that scared before.
"Ange, what do I do?" He said, blinking back tears.
I stood where I was, frozen. I tried to think of what to say.
"You... Might not like this answer," I said, "But I think the best thing to do would be to tell Mary and..."
"No!" Leo said, "I will not sabotage Tae-Hyun's plan while she's unconscious! What kind of person would that make me?"
"A person who saved her life!" I said, "Who knows what's wrong with her! You need to do something!"
Leo looked down at Tae-Hyun and stroked her hair.
He choked back a sob and held his fist up to his mouth.
I studied my friend. I had known Leo for almost ten years and this was about the third time I've ever seen him like this.
A sat down on the tub and thought.
Leo kissed the top of Tae-Hyun's hair and kept his head on hers.
"Oh, God. I don't know what to do. I don't know what's wrong with you." He said, gently rocking her back and forth.
I put my hand on Leo's back and said gently, "Leo,"
He sniffed and looked at me.
"I really, really think we need to tell Mary." I said softly, "There could be something seriously wrong with Tae-Hyun and we need to get her to a doctor."
Leo sadly looked down at Tae-Hyun, who was pale and limp in his arms.
"Fine," He said, wiping his nose, "We can tell Mary."
Just then, Chris came into the building. He walked over to me and said, "Hey, Ange, what's taking you so..."
He looked at Leo and Tae-Hyun and said, "Oh..."
I bit my lip and said, "Chris, go back to bed. I can tell you in the morning."
Chris slowly looked at me, then at Leo.
"What... Happened to her?" Chris asked Leo.
My eyes widened and I stared at Chris.
"I don't know..." Leo said, choking up, "I don't know what's wrong with her."
"You knew???" I yelled at Chris.
Chris and Leo both looked at me, then at each other.
"Uhh..." Chris ran his fingers through his hair, "Yeaahh, sorta."
"Why the hell didn't you guys tell me?" I cried.
Chris gave me a stern look and said, "Because you can't keep a secret."
I gave him an offended look and said, "What are you talking about? Yes I can!"
Suddenly, Tae-Hyun started coughing and quickly sat up.
"Tae-Hyun!" Leo said.
Tae-Hyun leaned over the toilet and threw up. Her vomit was red.
I put both of my hands over my mouth and screamed, "Oh my God!"
Chris passed out right on the spot.
"Tae-Hyun!" Leo screamed, choking back a sob. He looked at me and said, more serious than I had ever heard him, "Get Mary, now!"
I ran out of the bathroom, through the Mess Hall, and out of the Main Building to get Mary. I could hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears at light speed.
I fought back tears as a terrible thought crossed my mind.


Was Tae-Hyun going to die?

No comments:

Post a Comment