Monday, October 11, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 24 - CHAPTER 4

I walked to my cabin and opened the wooden door. Dust flew out. Wonderful.

I walked in and saw that I was the last one to get their.
Jenny was talking to Michelle and, apparently, Michelle had said something really funny, because Jenny was laughing loudly.
Jenny noticed me and said, "Oh, hi, Angie!"
Michelle looked up at me with her usual dazed, almost drunk-looking gaze.
"What is she doing here?" Michelle said.
"Angie? She's one of our roommates. Remember?" Jenny said, "I thought you liked Angie. That's what you said."
Michelle smiled and said, "Oh, yeah. I guess I do like her."
She looked up at me and said, "Hello, Angie."
"Hey..." I said awkwardly.
Then, Michelle looked both ways and gestured for me to come closer.
I bent down to Michelle and she whispered to me, "Be careful, the girl with ears brought a giraffe in here."
A gave her a confused look and she nodded.
"Uh-huh," Michelle said, "She said it's a real one."
I assumed she was talking about Tina because Tina liked Giraffes, but the girl with ears?
I stood up and turned around.
Tina was standing next to the wall, putting up a poster of a giraffe, among about ten others. She turned around and looked at me.
Tina Fackler is a very short girl with red hair and brown eyes and freckles. Classic ginger. Today, she was wearing a yellow long-sleeved shirt with brown giraffe print, grass green pants, and she had her hair in two loop ponytails. 
Oh, so that's what Michelle meant by ears. I thought.
"Hi, Tina." I said.
"Hello," Tina said flatly. She walked in a circle around me, almost if she was deciding whether or not to except me.
"Tall, blonde..." Tina said, picking up and strand of my hair and dropping it again.
She stepped back from me and said, "You're looking at me like I'm the weirdest thing you've ever seen."
"Well, you're not the weirdest, but I'm pretty sure you're on the list." I said slowly.
Tina shrugged, "Whatever. I'm sure you're pretty weird too."
I gave her a confused look and said, "What do you mean?"
"I mean, everyone's weird." Tina said, "It's all a matter of opinion, really. Who's weird, who's not weird... A lotta people think I'm weird because I'm short, I like giraffes, and I wear my hair different every day."
I nodded, "Huh, I never thought of it that way."
Tina smiled proudly and said, "Yep."
Tina sat down cross-legged on the bottom bunk of on one of the bunk beds.
"So," She said, "Why are you weird?"
I shrugged and sat down on the other bed, "I don't know. I have watch over my little brother all the time.... Protect him."
"Oh, Chris?" Tina said, "I've never talked to him, but I know who he is."
I nodded and Tina asked, "What do you mean protect him? Protect him from what?"
I gritted my teeth, "Geoffry."
Tina furrowed her brow and said, "Oh, the guy who used to have dreadlocks? The guy from England?"
"Yeah..." I said, "I don't trust him."
"Yeah?" Tina said, "Why?"
"I don't know," I said, "He's just... Creepy."
Tina nodded and said, "Ah, I see. I know a lot of creeps. Why should he be any different?"
I figured that was a rhetorical question, so I just said, "Yeah, I guess."


Chris opened the dusty cabin door with two fingers and wrinkled his nose.
"Gross." He said, stepping inside.
Joey jumped in front of him and yelled, "RAAAAAAAA!!!!"
Chris jumped and put a hand on his chest.
Joey and Buck started laughing and Chris scowled at them.
"Man, you got 'em good, Joey!" Buck said, high-fiving Joey.
Chris sneered, "Look at you two. You're so immature."
"Oh, and you are?" Joey said, "You're 'bout as mature as a five-year-old."
"Or maybe even a four-year-old!" Joey added.
The football players laughed and high-fived again.
Chris stared at them and said, "Are you guys idiots?"
Buck and Joey stopped laughing. Buck slowly walked over to Chris and got up in his face.
"Wha'd you just call us, Sunshine?" Buck hissed.
What'd you just call me, you moron? Chris wanted to say, but he didn't.
Chris swallowed loudly and stepped away from Buck, "Um... Hey, have you guys seen Lester?"
"Back here." Lester's voice said.
Chris looked all around and said, "Oh my God, did Joey eat him??"
"Aye, you's gots a lotta nerve. Don't play around wit us, Princess." Buck said.
Chris crossed his arms and said, "What did you do to Lester?"
"None a yo beeswax, Harper!" Joey said, laughing.
"I'm in the bathroom!" Lester's voice came muffled.
Chris looked past Joey and called, "Are you really, Lester?"
"Yeah! They duct taped me to the toilet!" Lester yelled, "Help me!"
Joey and Buck laughed and Buck said, "Yeah, so help him, Harper! I bet you's both gonna love that."
He and Joey high-fived again and Chris rolled his eyes, pushing open the bathroom door.
Lester indeed was sitting on the toilet and was covered in duct tape from his shoulders to his thighs.
"Oh, God, Lester." Chris said, walking over to him, "How the hell did this happen to you?"
Chris got down to his knees and reached for the duct tape wrapped around Lester's shoulders and the toilet.
"Well," Lester explained, "I was going to the bathroom,"
Chris' eyes went from the duct tape to Lester's face.
"And then Buck and Joey came in and wrapped me in duct tape!" Lester said, "It was terrible!"
Chris slowly brought his hands away from the duct tape and said, "So... You're... Not wearing pants?"
"What do you think, Fairy Boy?" Lester said, "I take a crap with my pants on?"
Chris pursed his lips and shook his head, "Um, no."
He got to his feet and said, "Good luck, Lester."
"Wait, Dude!" Lester said, squirming, "Hey, I'm sorry. I was harsh, but please don't leave me here."
"Sorry, Lester." Chris said.
"No! Come on, Chris!" Lester said, "At least untape my hands!"
Chris turned around slowly and eyed Lester.
"Fine." Chris said, walking back to Lester.
Chris untaped Lester's arms and Lester said, "Thank you, thank you so much!... Now leave, foo'."
Chris rolled his eyes and said, "Sure thing."


Tae-Hyun and Leo stood in front of the cabin door, just staring at it.
"Leo?" Tae-Hyun said.
"Yeah?"
Still staring ahead, Tae-Hyun said, "Are we going to die?"
Leo gave her a look, "Come on, Tae-Hyun. Don't talk like that."
"Why not?"
"Tae-Hyun," Leo said, "We are not gonna die."
He reached for the door and pulled it open with a crack.
Daniel and Johnny were already there.
They turned around and Daniel grinned evilly.
"Oh, look. It's the new homo couple." He said, "Better not let them sleep together, right John?'
Johnny nodded, smirking.
Leo rolled his eyes and said, "Okay, guys. Enough of these stupid jokes-"
Daniel threw a handful of dusty sand at Leo's face.
Tae-Hyun gasped and put her hands over her mouth.
Leo calmly spit the sand out of his mouth and wiped his face with one hand.
"Sand? Really?" Leo said.
"Yeah, the floor's covered in it." Daniel said, "Made me think of you."
Leo nodded, "You're too kind."
Tae-Hyun shuffled up to Leo and whispered, "Leo! Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." Leo said, wiping his face on his hands.
"Aww, you too are adorable together." Johnny said, standing up, "Really. You're too cute."
Leo glared at Johnny and Tae-Hyun looked scared.
Johnny smirked at them and said, "You two better not gay up the place. Either stay out of the way, or we make you get out of the way. Do I make myself clear, f-gs?"
"Hey!" Leo said, "Piss off, Thomas!"
"Who you think you're talking to, Freak?" Johnny raised his voice.
Leo glared at Johnny and said, "An idiot."
Johnny punched Leo hard in the face and Tae-Hyun gasped.
"Leo!" She cried, catching him when he fell.
Tae-Hyun looked at Johnny and screamed, "Why would you hit him??"
"Oh, did he hurt your little boyfriend?" Daniel said, "Too bad!"
"Tae-Hyun, I'm okay." Leo said, getting to his feet and stumbling.
Johnny and Daniel laughed evilly and Tae-Hyun glared at them with hatred.
"How could you?" Tae-Hyun said, "You are evil people."
"So are you." Daniel said, "There's a war in Korea right now."
Tae-Hyun rolled her eyes and yelled, "That's in North Korea! Why don't any of you get that?"
Daniel snorted, "I don't care!"
Leo glared at Johnny silently.
Tae-Hyun's eyes darted nervously from Leo to Johnny to Daniel.
Then, Leo calmly sat down and didn't say anything.
Daniel and Johnny looked at each other as Tae-Hyun sat down near him. They didn't say a word.
"What are you doing?" Johnny said.
"Sitting." Leo said, "What are you doing?"
Johnny and Daniel stared at them, dumbstruck.


Leo smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment