Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 24 - CHAPTER 6

Tae-Hyun sat up in her bed and tried not to groan too loud.



Leo was already awake.
"You okay?" He asked.
Tae-Hyun looked at him, "Oh, did I wake you? I'm sorry."
"Nope. Already up." Leo said, sitting up, "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." Tae-Hyun lied. The room was spinning.
Leo gave her a look and said, "Are you?"
Tae-Hyun nodded and changed the subject, "Hey, we should go back to sleep. We don't want to wake the demons."
Leo grinned, "Okay."


My new roommates and I dragged ourselves to the Main Building for breakfast.
I sat down with my friends and said, "Uhgg I don't like waking up early."
Chris gave me a look and said, "It's 6:30. That's only a half an hour earlier than usual."
"It all adds up." Leo said groggily.
We ate our eggs and all that. The food was still better than school food, but not as good as Mom-food.
Mary, the neon lady, came and stood at the front of the Mess Hall.
"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen!" She chirped, "Ready for arts and crafts, archery, and loads of bonding?"
Everyone stared at Mary with an 'Are you kidding me?' look on their faces.
Mary wrung her hands awkwardly and said, "Well, first we're going out to the obstacles out in the woods. Ready?"
"Yeah..." We all said unenthusiastically.

Mary and the other counselors herded all the students to a path in the woods.
Mary turned around quickly and said, "Okay, we are all going in one big group so it might get a little noisy. Try not to be too rowdy!"
Chris and I exchanged a 'seriously?' look.

I walked with Chris, Alice, Mouse, and Lester.
"Oh my God, this is going to be so. Freaking. Boring." Chris said.
"Suck it up, Chris." I said, "You'll be fine."
Chris looked at me, "Will I really?"
"Hey, where's my idiot step brother?" Mouse said.
I looked behind me. No Leo.
"Leo?" Alice said, looking around, "I don't know. I haven't seen him or Tae-Hyun in a while."
"I bet they're off somewhere, makin' out." Lester said.
We all raised our eyebrows at him.
"What makes you say that?" I said, getting confused.
"Angela," Lester said, leaning on a tree like he was so cool, "Isn't it obvious that Leo and Newbie are gay for each other?"
Chris shook his head and said, "No. If they were, I would know. Trust me."
Lester gave him a look and Chris said, "It's a gay thing... I just know. I can tell..."
"And I know Leo." I said, "We've been friends since we were little kids."
"They are soo together." Lester said, smirking.
"Leo's not gay, Lester." I said.
"Okaaay," Lester said, "Say what you want, but take a look at 'em and you'll see I'm right."
Lester walked ahead of us and I furrowed my brow.
"He's really weird." I said.
"Tell me about it..." Chris said.

Leo and Tae-Hyun wandered on a different path.
"We're lost, aren't we?" Tae-Hyun asked.
Leo smiled reassuringly and said, "Psh, nooo..."
Tae-Hyun raised an eyebrow at him.
Leo ran his fingers through his hair and said, "Yeah, kinda, maybe, I guess..."
"Well, the best thing to do is to calmly try to retrace our steps and find the group as soon as possible." Tae-Hyun said.
Leo nodded and looked at her, "Yeah.... Good idea. Stay calm..."
Then, there was a rustling in the bushes.
Tae-Hyun grabbed Leo's sleeve and said, "What was that?"
Leo blushed and said, "Uhh... I'm sure it was nothing, Tae-Hyun. Come on, let's find the others..."
"Oh my goodness, what if it was a bear?" Tae-Hyun said, and her breath shorted out.
"There are no bears here, Tae-Hyun." Leo said, "Now quit freaking yourself out. Let's go."
Leo started to walk away, but Tae-Hyun's hands were clamped tight on his arm.
"Tae-Hyun..." Leo said. But she didn't move a muscle, she just stared at the bushes.
The bushes rustled louder and a raccoon appeared before them.
Tae-Hyun let out a blood curdling scream and jumped backward.
Leo jumped back and they both ran into a root in the ground.
They tripped and fell against a tree.
Tae-Hyun's back was against the tree and Leo was facing her, his hands on either side of her.
"I'm sorry." They both said.
Leo swallowed loudly and his face turned red, "It's okay."


Chris and I walked ahead, up to Mary. I tapped her shoulder and said, "Mary?"
She turned around and smiled cheesily, "Yes, Angela?"
"Um, I think Tae-Hyun and Leo are missing." I said, "I don't see them anywhere."
Mary frowned and said, "Well, that's strange. We can find them, don't worry."
Then, there was a horror-movie-type scream.
Chris and I whirled around and ran toward the sound.
We ran around the brush and saw Tae-Hyun and Leo...
Leo had Tae-Hyun pinned against the tree and they were looking at each other.
They both whipped their heads around to look at us and blushed.
Leo backed away from her.
Chris stifled a laugh and said, "I'm sorry, are we interrupting something."
"N-no!" Leo said, his face flushed, "Th-there was this raccoon, and he tripped..."
I stared at Tae-Hyun and Leo for a long time.
"Look, Angela..." Leo said, walking over to me, "I... Can... Explain this."
"No... Need..." I said slowly, turning around, 


"Let's go back."

No comments:

Post a Comment