Monday, November 15, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 26 - CHAPTER 9

Eventually, Chris managed to coax Jenny out of the upstairs bathroom and bring her back downstairs. It was really hard to see Kathy slap Jenny, even if it wasn't on purpose, because of the way Jenny looked at her afterwards. It was a look of betrayal. One thing I had been thinking about, but didn't bring up, was... Had Jenny really kissed Kathy? Was that what had happened during their turn in the closet? Was that why Kathy was so quiet afterwards? Was she angry?
There was no way to know.
The basement door opened and Chris came downstairs, pulling Jenny behind him by her hand.
"Come on," He said gently, "It's okay, don't worry."
Jenny's brown eyes shifted between all of us, but she avoided Kathy.
We had formed another circle, but Kathy had refused to join and she sat by the wall, a few feet behind us.
Chris sat down by Geoffry and patted the place on the other side of him.
"Come on, sit." Chris said, smiling up at Jenny.
She meekly sat down next to Chris and stared at her lap, wiping her face self-consciously.
Chris smiled at her and whispered, "Are you okay?"
"I don't know." Jenny said.
Chris patted her shoulder and said, "So... What should we do now?"
Kathy looked at Jenny and mouthed sadly, I'm sorry.
Jenny gave her a look and looked away.
"How about we just pop in a movie or something?" Leo suggested. He looked so tired, I felt really bad for him.
Alice nodded and said, "That sounds like a good idea."
"I think so, too." Chris agreed.
"Alright." Leo said tiredly, clapping his hands together, "I'll get a movie."
"Nothing scary." Chris said.
Mouse and Leo groaned and Mouse said, "Why? I thought you loved Saw, Chris."
Chris glared at her and said, "Please... Don't..."
"With all the torture and gore and screaming..." Mouse said.
"Knock it off, Mouse." I said, giving her a look.


Leo put in a movie and we all sat on the basement couch and watched it.
Alice and I sat on the floor in front of the couch, tired and bored. I looked behind me and tapped Alice's shoulder.
"Alice," I whispered, grinning, "Look at Leo and Tae-Hyun."
Leo and Tae-Hyun had both fallen asleep on the couch. Tae-Hyun was leaned on Leo's chest and Leo's arms were around her.
"Aww..." Alice said, "That's adorable."
I nodded and grinned, "I know."
Alice and I looked to the other end of the couch, where Chris and Geoffry were asleep with their heads on each others' shoulders.
We looked at each other, shrugged, and said, "Eh."

No comments:

Post a Comment