Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 25 - CHAPTER 12

My friends and I got off the bus the following Monday and Leo spotted Tae-Hyun getting out of her brother Kyung-Sam's car. She was wearing her usual gray hoodie and black baggy jeans.
"Hey, I'll see you guys in homeroom." Leo said.
We all 'oohed' and Alice said teasingly, "Going to see your girlfriend."
"She's not my girlfriend, Alice." Leo said.
I smirked and said, "Just your crush who loves you who you kissed last week?"
"A-and one other time..." Leo said quietly.
"It's true." Chris said, "I was there."
Leo sighed and nodded. He jogged over to Tae-Hyun.
"Hey, Tae-Hyun." He said to her.
"Hi, Leo." Tae-Hyun said.
Leo studied her face, "Hey, are you okay?"
Tae-Hyun nodded, "Yes, but I am a little scared."
"Because of the dance?" Leo said, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have made you go."
"You didn't make me go, Leo." Tae-Hyun said, "I chose to go because I wanted to go."
Leo smiled weakly and said, "So, you're okay with your secret being out?"
Tae-Hyun shrugged and sighed, "Well, I guess I will have to."
Leo held her hand and said, "You'll be fine. I'll make sure no one comes near you."
Tae-Hyun smiled shyly and said, "You know, Leo, you don't have to protect me all the time. I can take care of myself."
"I know, I know..." Leo said, "I just don't want you to get hurt."
Tae-Hyun smiled and Leo said, "I love you."
"I love you, too." Tae-Hyun said, giggling, "Come on, let's go."
They walked into the school and were instantly greeted by ten or fifteen girls.
Girls?
They were all crossing their arms and pursing their lips.
Leo recognized a few of them. A lot of them were cheerleaders and popular girls.
Tae-Hyun and Leo exchanged a look.
"Tae-Hyun, you tricked us into thinking you were a guy." One of the girls wearing an Aeropostale shirt said, "Now, you will pay."
Tae-Hyun swallowed audibly and her grip tightened around Leo's hand.
"It's okay," Leo whispered, "They can't hurt you, they're just cheerleaders."
"Cheerleaders are extremely athletic, Leo." Tae-Hyun whispered back, "And I can take care of myself. Really."
The girls crowded around Leo and Tae-Hyun, getting closer. They all raised their hands; They were holding eggs.
"Oh, no." Tae-Hyun said.
The girls threw the eggs at them and Leo threw his arms around Tae-Hyun to protect her.
Tae-Hyun shrieked when the eggs hit her and Leo.
"That's what you get for lying to all of us." Melonie, one of the cheerleaders said to Tae-Hyun, "Did you do it to get into the boys' bathroom, or to get with girls?"
She shook her head and the girls walked away.
Leo and Tae-Hyun were crouched on the floor, Leo with his arms around Tae-Hyun. Slowly, they both stood up straight and looked down the hall where the girls had left.
Tae-Hyun's lower lip quivered and she sniffed.
"Hey, it's okay." Leo said, "We can get you cleaned up before homeroom."
He grasped Tae-Hyun's wrist and she gently pushed him away.
"No, I can get me cleaned up." She said softly, "It's okay. I can do it myself."
"Oh, okay." Leo said, "You sure?"
Tae-Hyun nodded sadly and walked down the hall to the girls' bathroom.
She pushed open the bathroom door and went inside.
A few girls were already there and two of them scowled at Tae-Hyun. One girl threw a tube of lipstick at her and yelled, "Poser!"
Another yelled, "Pervert!"
The other girls started throwing things and Tae-Hyun ran into one of the stalls. She locked the door and pressed her back against the wall.
Tae-Hyun waited silently until the girls left. Then, she began to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment