Friday, November 5, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 25 - CHAPTER 10

As Mouse was walking down the hall, coming from the bathroom, Geoffry came up to her with a smirk on his face. She was about to open the gymnasium door, but Geoffry put his hand in the doorway.
Mouse crossed her arms and said "What do you want, Blondie?"
Geoffry smirked at Mouse and said, "I want you to dance with me."
"Oh, give me a break." Mouse sneered.
"What do you mean?" Geoffry said.
"You wouldn't dance with me if I was the last person alive." Mouse said, shoving past him.
Geoffry followed her to the gymnasium and said, "Yes, I would."
"No, you wouldn't." Mouse said, pushing open the gym door, "Now piss off. Go dance with your boyfriend."
Geoffry stepped in front of her and said, "Want a drink? I'll get you a soda."
Mouse scowled at him and said dryly, "Sure, Geoffry. Get me a soda."
Geoffry smiled and winked at her. He went and got a cup of soda and came back.
Mouse took the drink and looked down at it. Then, she dumped it over Geoffry's head.
Geoffry spit out the soda and looked down at the floor.
"Well, that didn't go exactly as I thought it would." He said, wiping his face with his hand.
Mouse smiled tightly and said, "Then you clearly don't know me. Now beat it."
Geoffry spit out more soda and a slow smile spread across his face.
"I'd like to know you." He held out a hand, "Are you sure you wouldn't like to dance?"
"No, I wouldn't." Mouse said sharply, stepping toward him, "Now leave me alone."
Geoffry twirled his fingers around in the air and said, "Come on, Tiffany-"
Mouse shoved Geoffry against the gym wall and said, "Don't you ever call me that. Ever. In fact, don't call me anything ever! I don't want anything to do with you, you preppy Brit!"
"Ooh," Geoffry said, pursing his lips, "It seems like somebody's in denial."
Mouse glared at him for a while and let him off the wall.
"Piss off, Geoffry." She said, "Go find Mabel or something."
"I want you, Mouse." Geoffry said, smirking, "I want only you."
Mouse scowled for a long time, at loss for words.

Chris came through the crowd; Geoffry wasn't with him.
Leo and I exchanged a confused look.
Alice was looking down at her lap and she didn't notice him. Chris tapped her shoulder and she looked up.
"Hi." Chris said.
"Hi." Alice said, looking up at him.
Chris held out his hand and said, "Come on, I want to talk to you about what happened."
Alice nodded solemnly and followed Chris to the dance floor.
They walked out to where people were dancing. Alice held one of Chris' hands and set her other hand on his shoulder.
Chris put his hand on Alice's shoulder and said, "Alice, I'm really sorry about Geoffry."
"No, no, you shouldn't be." Alice said, "I was jealous because you and I usually go the the dance together, but you had all the right to go with Geoffry. You two are dating."
Chris smiled and said, "Okay."
Alice nodded, a little disappointed, and Chris said, "I missed making matching clothes with you this time."
Alice laughed and said, "Yeah."
Then, she frowned, "Wait, what about Geoffry?"
Chris glanced over his shoulder and said, "Oh, he's fine. He's with Mouse."
Alice's big eyes widened and Chris did a double take.
"Mouse???" He exclaimed.
Chris and Alice gawked at Geoffry and Mouse as Geoffry gave Mouse a drink. Then, Mouse poured the drink on his head.
Alice shrugged and said to Chris, "Ah, they're fine."

Leo and I sat by the wall; Leo was sulking and twiddling his fingers.
I leaned over to him and said gently, "Are you thinking about Tae-Hyun?"
Leo's lips tightened around his teeth and he said, "Yeah... I am."
He ran his fingers through his hair and said, "She should be here."
"Leo..." I said, "I don't think she's coming."
"She might." Leo said sharply, looking at me.
There was a pause before he closed his eyes and said, "Sorry. I just..."
"You want her to be here with you." I said, smiling. "I understand."
Leo nodded and hung his head sadly.
"Well... At least if she doesn't come, then her secret is safe." I said.
"If her secret is safe, then I can't be with her." Leo cried suddenly.
I didn't say anything. I got what he was saying. If everyone thought Tae-Hyun was a boy, Leo had to act like she was a boy, right?
Leo bit his lip and said, standing up, "Well, just... Yeah, um..."
"You love her." I said, grinning, "You totally love her."
"Angela, stop..." Leo said, blushing.
"You are totally in love with her!" I said, laughing.
Leo looked at me and said, "Ange, really. You're being really immature."
"That's really sweet." I said, teasing, "You love her."
Leo shook his head and said, "Whatever. Yeah, sure, I love her, but I can't tell her that if everyone thinks she's a guy. It'll blow her cover."
The song that was playing changed to 'The Only Exception' by Paramore.
I looked around Leo and smiled.
"I don't think you have to worry about that anymore." I said.
Leo cocked his head to the side and said, "Huh?"
I gestured for him to turn around and he did.
Leo's jaw dropped.
Standing in the doorway was Tae-Hyun. To my surprise, she was wearing a light pink, floor-length dress with tulle roses that reminded me of Cinderella.
She walked over to us, smiling.
Leo's face was practically glowing. He walked to her and said, "My God, you- You look beautiful!"
Tae-Hyun chuckled and blushed, "Thank you."
She held out her hand, "Want to dance?"
Leo looked back at me and I nodded excitedly.
He looked at Tae-Hyun, took her hand, and ran out to the dance floor with her.
I listened to the music, smiled, and watched my friends dance. Leo and Tae-Hyun were so sweet.
Tae-Hyun set her hands on Leo's shoulders and Leo put his arms around her waist.
"I'm really glad you came." Leo said, "But..."
Tae-Hyun cocked her head and said, "What?"
"You... Didn't come because you thought you had to, did you?" Leo said, "I'm sorry I messed up your plan."
Tae-Hyun smiled, "You didn't mess up my plan. I messed up my plan."
Leo smiled back and said, "Tae-Hyun, there's... Something I want to tell you."
Tae-Hyun's smile faded a little. She looked really anxious, but excited.
Leo stared at her for a long time and said, "I love you."
Tae-Hyun put her hand over her mouth and tears welled up in her eyes.
"Hey, don't cry." Leo said, smiling and blushing, "I don't want to make you cry."
"It's not a bad thing." Tae-Hyun said, laughing and crying, "Because... I love you, too, Leo."
Leo beamed and hugged Tae-Hyun. She hugged him back.

I sat by the wall, watching Leo and Tae-Hyun. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but they both looked really happy and they hugged.
Some people were staring at Leo and Tae-Hyun, but they didn't notice.

Tae-Hyun looked up at Leo and they smiled at each other.
Tae-Hyun put her hands behind Leo's head and Leo's heart started beating fast.
She leaned forward and kissed him on the lips.
Leo kissed her back and hugged her waist.
Alice tapped Chris on the shoulder and pointed across the room, "Chris, look."
Chris turned around and looked at Tae-Hyun and Leo.
Chris' eyes widened and he said, "Wow."
"Is that... Tae-Hyun?" Alice said, cocking her head.
Chris looked at her and swallowed.
"Uhhmmm...." He said slowly, "You see, Alice..."
"Tae-Hyun's a girl?" Alice asked, confused.
Chris bit his lip and said slowly, "Yeaahhh..."
He looked back at Leo and Tae-Hyun and giggled, "You've got to admit, they're so adorable."
"I am so confused." Alice said.


"I can explain later." Chris said.

No comments:

Post a Comment