Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 25 - CHAPTER 9






Geoffry drove Chris to the dance an hour before the rest of us left.
Alice came over about ten minutes after they left. She was wearing a white sleeveless dress with a black ribbon around the middle and black lace on the bottom and the top of it.
"Ooh," I said, "Very pretty."
"Thanks." Alice said, "So is yours."
I smiled and looked down at my gold dress, "Thank you. Hey, can you help me?"
"Sure." Alice helped me fix my hair.
 There was a knock at the door and Mom answered it. It was Leo and Mouse.
"Oh, hey, kids." Mom said, "Come in."
Leo looked at me and said, "Wow. Uh, nice dress."
"I know, aren't they beautiful?" Mom said, smiling.
"Thanks." Alice and I said.
"Oh, we were supposed to dress up?" Mouse said sarcastically. She had on all black clothes.
I laughed and said, "So, what brings you here, Mousey?"
Mouse shrugged, "It's better than sitting at home."
Alice and I looked at each other and I said, "Wow, that's a first."
Leo laughed and said, "Yeah, that's what I said."
He was wearing a tux with a black tie. I'll admit Leo doesn't look bad in a suit.
Mom drove the four of us to our school and tried to take pictures of us. We all smiled tightly for a picture, then ran for the gymnasium, where the dance was.
When we came into the gym, the song Dynamite by what's-his-face was playing. The music at our school dances is almost always pop music because the staff lets the students request music.
For a long time, Leo, Alice, Mouse, and I just sat in the 'loner chairs' in the corner, where all the kids without dates sit and gawk at the people dancing.
"Oh, hey, guys." Lester came over to us. He was wearing a suit that was too big for him and gray. It was probably his dad's or something.
"Mind if I join you?"
We all shrugged and Lester sat down by us. He gestured to Leo and I and said, "Why don't you two dance or something?"
Leo and I gave Lester a look and he looked down at his lap.
A while later, Chris and Geoffry came over to us. Chris beamed and waved at us, "Hi, guys!"
"Oh, look. He noticed us." I said.
Chris frowned and said, "Come on, Angie, don't be that way."
Lester gaped at Chris and Geoffry and looked back and forth between them.
"Are you guys..." Lester said, "Dating?"
Geoffry nodded and put his arm around Chris' waist.
"Yep. Wanna see something awesome?" Geoffry said, and he gave Chris a kiss on the lips.
Lester's eyes widened.
Chris blushed and put one hand on his hot cheek, "Oh, Geoffry. Do you have to do that here?"
"What are you supposed to do at school dances?" Geoffry said, smiling and stroking Chris' cheek.
"Dance?" I suggested.
Geoffry glared at me and Lester said, "What... Was that?"
"You're totally turned on, I can tell." Geoffry said with a smirk, "Want me to do it again?"
"No, no..." Lester said, "Don't do it again."
I couldn't tell if he was freaked out or enchanted. Lester is one of those people who you can never know what he's thinking.

Chris and Geoffry left us again after a while. But, then Jenny came over to us.
"Hi," She said, smiling warmly, "Have any of you guys seen Kathy?"
Leo shook his head, "I don't think she came. Why?"
Jenny shrugged and said, "Ah, I don't know."
"Hi." Lester said to her.
"Hi." Jenny said.
Lester stared at her for a second and stood up, "Do you wanna dance?"
Jenny laughed and said, "Sure."
Lester raised his eyebrows and said, "Really?"
"Yeah, come on, let's dance." Jenny said.
A goofy grin broke across Lester's face and Jenny pulled him to the dance floor.
I grinned at Alice and Leo, but they both looked sad.

Chris danced with Geoffry with his arms around Geoffry's neck and Geoffry's hands on his hips.
Geoffry was smiling warmly at him, but Chris was thinking about Alice.
Chris glanced through the crowd to where Alice was sitting.
"She looks so sad..." Chris said softly.
"Hm?" Geoffry said.
Chris stared sadly at Geoffry for a long time.
Geoffry's smile faded and he said, "What is it, Honey? What's wrong?"
Chris stroked Geoffry's hair with one hand and said, "Geoffry... I-I'm sorry, but I can't do this."
"Do what?" Geoffry asked, "Dance? Make out later?"
"Yes." Chris said, "I love you, but... The dances, they're..."
Chris sighed, "They're kind of me and Alice's thing. We always go to school dances together, as friends. I know, I sound like a jerk, but..."
Geoffry put a finger to Chris' lips and said, "Chris, it's okay. Don't worry about it, go dance with your friend."
Chris looked surprised and said, "Really?"
Geoffry nodded and smooched Chris on the cheek.
"Yeah. Go have fun." Geoffry said. Then he smacked Chris' butt and Chris let out a little surprised yelp.
Chris furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment