Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 18 - CHAPTER 7

No one was home, except for Chris; This was his chance. He rushed to the bathroom and closed the door behind him.                   
Chris stared at himself in the mirror above the sink, a serious look on his face. He took a deep breath and whispered to himself, "Okay, Chris. Be brave, this is your chance..... Just do it..."
Something inside Chris was telling him that it was a bad idea, but he shook it off. 
He had to do it.
Breathing in again, Chris reluctantly opened his mouth and stuck his finger down his throat. He gagged, coughing.




I came home from the book store, tossing my bag onto the couch. Chris was nowhere in sight. Hmm.... He was probably in his room, playing with Ger10 or talking on the phone or something. Suddenly, I heard a revolting coughing sound, coming from the bathroom. I cocked my head, listening more closely (which was not a very pleasant task). I slowly crept toward the bathroom, gently pushing the door open.
Chris was bent over the toilet, coughing and throwing up. I stared at him in shock, my mouth hanging open. "Chris! Are you okay, Sweetie?"
As if I had caught him by surprise, Chris looked up quickly, taking his finger out of his mouth. His face was really pale and he looked as if I had scared him to death. 
"Chris?" I said, my voice shaking as I put the pieces together. Oh, no...... I thought, He's not that stupid..... Or is he?
My hands shook as I slowly walked over to my brother. I said gently, "Did you just....?"
Chris didn't say anything, he just stared at me with a look of shock and perhaps fear in his eyes. He basically looked like some poor kid who had no idea what he was doing.
I shook my head, raising my voice a bit, "Oh, Chris! Are you an idiot? You can't just-"
I ran my fingers through my hair, unable to believe the whole situation. 
Chris moaned, "Oh, Angie! I promise I'll never do it again! I swear! It's horrible!"
He started bawling and threw his arms around me. I hugged him back, but said firmly, 
"Chris, why would you do that? Do you even know how stupid that was?"
Chris wailed pathetically, "I'm sorry Angiieeee. I won't do it again, it was ickyyyyyy!"
I sighed, shaking my head at my brother. "Chris, you moron...."
"Don't you think I've suffered enough?" Chris exclaimed.
I said firmly, "Well, Chris, I didn't tell you to make yourself throw up. That was really stupid."
"So, Angie, it was stupid of me?" Chris huffed sarcastically.
I sighed and said, "Chris, why did you do something like that?"
Chris didn't say anything and he tucked his head into my shoulder for comfort. I gave him a hug and said, "Okay, okay. I'll lay off for now, but later, you will explain to me why you did that. Now go wash your hands."
Chris sniffed and nodded, walking to the sink.
I went into the living room, sitting down on the couch with my head in my hands. I went over the previous situation over and over in my head. Why would Chris do that? It doesn't even make sense! He's usually so.... Not like that.


Later that night, I knocked on Chris's door. "Chris?"
Chris looked up from his book and said quietly, "Come in."
I came in and sat on my brother's bed, taking his hand in mine. "You washed your hands, right?"
Chris raised an eyebrow at me, "What do you think?"
Teasing him, I quickly let go of my Chris's hand acted disgusted. Chris laughed and I said gently, "So, Chris. What made you decide to make yourself throw up?"
Chris was quiet for a second, but he said softly, "I... Um..... The veganism thing wasn't really working out and.... I want to be thinner.... I did it to lose weight."
I stared at him, trying to keep my mouth from hanging open, "So..... You tried bulimia?"
Chris nodded, "I wanted to lose weight."
I bit my lip, "Chris...."
Chris and I said at the same time, "That was really stupid."
I pointed a finger at him, "Hey, that wasn't funny."
"I know, I know, I was stupid." Chris said softly, "You said that already. You're kind of predictable sometimes."
I nodded, trying to be nicer, "Chris, I'll tell you right now that I don't approve of you dieting. But if that's what you want to do, I can't stop you." Geez, this was hard. Where was Mom when I needed her? 
"There are much easier and safer ways to lose weight than bulimia, Chris...." I went on, but Chris groaned and said, 
"Okay, enough. I get it, Angie. Gee whiz...."
I grinned, mocking Chris, "Gee whiz."
He raised an eyebrow at me and said, "You're hysterical."
"So," I said, "Should I tell mom? She can probably come up with some better solutions...."
Chris shook his head anxiously, "No, don't. Please don't, Angie. If you tell mom she'll give me a whole long lecture and she'll just freak out.... But I don't know...."
"I won't tell her, then." I said, "Night, Chris."




"Night...."

No comments:

Post a Comment