Friday, February 12, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 17 - CHAPTER 6

Scowling, I placed a bowl in front of Alice, Chris, and Geoffry. 
"Yum!" Chris beamed, "Thank you, Angie!"
"Yes, thank you!" Alice said excitedly.
"Thank you, Angela." Geoffry said, smiling a sickeningly sweet smile. I sneered at him, but Chris and Alice were too busy killing their yogurt to notice (I managed to make Alice's vegan. Don't ask how, it was hard, but I didn't tell Alice that).
I sat down at the table with my own bowl of yogurt and Geoffry grinned at me, seeing my scowl. Chris looked up from his breakfast, "What's wrong, Angie?"
I shrugged, driving my spoon into my yogurt, "Oh, I was just thinking of some old show tunes I know. I don't know what made me think of this one, but something must have triggered it. Loathing! Unadulterated loathing. For your face your voice your clothing...."
Geoffry scowled at me, but Chris just smiled cheerily and said, "Oh, that's not an old show tune, that's from Wicked."
Chris and Alice spontaneously starting singing, "Popular! You're gonna be popular! I'll teach you the proper ploys when you talk to boys, little ways to flirt and flounce!" 
I sighed, stirring my yogurt as Chris and Alice frolicked around the table. They both stood behind me, leaning over my shoulder and singing loudly, "You're gonna grin and bear it, your new popularity! Laaaaa laaaaa laaaa laaa!" 
I slumped down in my seat. I hate show tunes. Geoffry just smiled at them like they were so cute. Of course he wasn't mad, Geoffry is never mad. How could someone so perfect get mad? I hate him. Someday, I should sneak in and cut of his dreadlocks one by one. That would make Chris happy. He may not show it, but I can tell that Chris hates Geoffry's dreadlocks, he's just too in love with the-
"Hey, Angie, thanks for cooking." Geoffry smiled sweetly and I snapped out of my trance.
Chris chuckled, "Oh, no need to thank her, I can cook better."
I scowled. Oh yeah, no need to thank the servant, she doesn't have any feelings. 
I hated this. What was I going to do? They were all turning against me, even Alice! Well, speaking of show tunes.... Cellophane, Mister Cellophane should of been my name.....

No comments:

Post a Comment