Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 17 - CHAPTER 5

I yawned, rubbing my eyes. Time for day three of camping, let's see how many of us would come out alive. 
I got dressed and unzipped the tent door, stepping out into the cool but sunny morning. The grass was green, the sun was shining.... something was wrong. Something bad was going to happen any second now, I knew it.....
Oh look, Geoffry is up already. I knew it, the world had that horribly wonderful Geoffry glow to it.
He noticed me and smiled, "Morning, Angie."
I smiled tightly, "Morning, Geoffry."
Geoffry smiled cheerily and said, "Is Chris up?"
I shrugged and he walked away. Hmm, weird guy.
Looking like he knew what he was doing, Geoffry walked over to Chris's tent and I clenched my teeth. Geoffry opened the tent door and kneeled down by Chris, gently shaking him. Uhg, he better not scare him to death, which I knew he would!
Chris opened his eyes and smiled at Geoffry. Oh, come on! No 'Oh my god what are you doing here'? Chris was supposed to be afraid of everything! What the heck, man?
Chris and Geoffry came over to the picnic table I was sitting at. Geoffry sat sleepy Chris down across from me, rubbing his shoulders like some stupid I'll-do-anything-for-you husband from a movie.... I will never again imply Geoffry as Chris's husband and I hope no one else ever does. I don't know why, but I just get a creepy vibe from that guy. Maybe it's the fact that he, as weird as it sounds, seems to touch Chris every chance he gets. 
Example: Just now, the morning just started and Geoffry has already put his hand on Chris's shoulders twice. On their first 'date' he kissed Chris. They are always holding hands. Geoffry always tries to put his arm around Chris's waist unless I find a way to interrupt. Things like that.
I wish I had proof that he did something bad so I could know why I was so suspicious around him, but I just can't figure it out. He's like the goony guy who plays the boyfriend of lovable main character's ex in all the movies. The guy that seems so perfect, but you can't help but hate him. But for some reason, I seem to be the only one who doesn't like him. Alice has been all over him ever since he saved her life, which was not entirely his doing (Hello! I was the one who pulled her out of the bog!) It's not like she's in love with the guy (oh god, I hope not!), she's just been worshiping him ever since the incident with the bog.
"Hi, Angie." Chris yawned, resting his head on his palms and putting his elbows on the table. 
I patted his shoulder, "Cute little sleepy Chris!"
Chris pawed at my hand, "Stop it, Angie."
I drew back, a little hurt that he would let Geoffry touch his shoulder but wouldn't let me do the same. Was I not his favorite anymore?
As I pondered this terrifying thought, Alice came and sat by me, "Hey, you guys..."
She smiled at Chris, "Hey, Buddy. Somebody tired?"
Chris answered with a muffled 'meh' sound and fell asleep right there. I giggled, my brother was so cute. But the smile faded off my face and I couldn't help scowling at Geoffry as he helped Chris stand up and said, "Do you want to go back to sleep? Here, I'll walk you back."
Chris nodded sleepily and they went back to Chris's tent (Geoffry's hands happily placed on Chris's shoulders). 
I watched Geoffry intensely, preparing to give him a don't-even-think-about-going-in-Chris's-tent look if he turned around. He didn't turn around, but he did sit by Chris as he quickly fell asleep. If Geoffry watching Chris sleep isn't creepy, then I don't know what is.
Alice watched me curiously as I clenched my teeth. She followed my gaze and said, "Hey, you okay, Ange?"
"Sure, Alice. I'm just fine." I said, standing up without thinking. I walked over to the tent and said loudly, "Hey, Chris! I'm gonna make yogurt, okay? You don't want to miss breakfast."
Chris's eyes shot open and he instantly sat up, a stupid, cute, excited grin on his face. Geoffry moved his hand, in which he had placed on Chris's shoulder while he slept angelically. 
"Yogurt? Really? Vanilla?" Chris said anxiously, his eyes shining.
I laughed, "No, Chris, I'm making strawberry yogurt. Of course vanilla! That's your favorite!" 
I smiled at my little brother as he punched the air excitedly. Yes!
I had brought my yogurt maker along so I could, well, make yogurt. I was making the yogurt for breakfast when Geoffry came up to me and smiled, "Hey, want me to help?"
"No." I said shortly. I didn't care if I sounded rude. Then again, I didn't mind if Geoffry jumped off a cliff.... as long as he didn't take Chris with him.
Geoffry recoiled, a little surprised. The smile returned to his face almost instantly, "Okay, good luck with that."
"Oh, I don't need your blessing." I said out loud, laughing a little.
Geoffry studied my face, "I'm sorry, what?"
I turned to him, pointing a spoon in his face, "Look, you better stay away from my little brother or else."
Geoffry blinked. I expected him to back down, but he just smirked, "Or what?"
I held up the spoon to him, "Or I'll make you wish you never went near him."
Almost, but not quite to my surprise, Geoffry put his face up close to mine and said, "I'm not afraid of you."
I held my glare and Geoffry smirked again, saying, "Chris is my boyfriend. We're a couple, and there's nothing you can do about it."
I didn't say anything and Geoffry laughed, "What are you gonna do? Beat me to death with that spoon?"
His smirk reminded me of Mouse the day she had joined the football team and put tampons in Chris's locker, that horrible I'm-gonna-take-you-down smirk. It reminded me of that so much that it was hard for me to stand my ground.
Geoffry turned around, laughing. He started to walk away, but he turned around and pretended he was going to throw something at me, making me flinch. He laughed more and walked off. 




What a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment