Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 28.5 - CHAPTER 2

Chris wouldn't talk to Leo, Tae-Hyun and Alice were quiet, Jenny was heartbroken, Stephanie and Kathy were suspended and everyone was talking about them.
So, who was left for me to talk to? Mouse.
I sat by her in Study Hall and said, "What do you think of this whole thing?"
Mouse looked at me, "What do you mean?"
"About Kathy." I said, "She's effecting everything. She freaked out on Tae-Hyun and Leo's mad. Leo and Chris started arguing about her and Leo insulted Chris. Now, the whole school's talking and Chris hates Leo."
Mouse pursed her lips and said, "Well. It sounds to me like there's someone else who's getting in everybody's way."
I thought for a second. "Leo?"
Mouse nodded, "He was in just about everything sentence you just said. Leo called Kathy a bitch, Leo got mad at Kathy, Leo got mad at Chris, and Leo insulted him."
"Wow," I said, "I guess you're kind of right-"
"He's been a jerk. He won't even listen to what his little girlfriend has to say." Mouse said.
I furrowed my eyebrows and said, "Huh?"
Mouse looked at me and said, "I've been talking to Tae-Hyun lately. She's really concerned about both Leo and Kathy. She said she wants to talk to both of them, but she's afraid to because she thinks it might upset them."
"Really?" I said, surprised, "I had no idea."
"Yeah, Tae-Hyun's really upset." Mouse said, "She just hasn't wanted to tell anyone because she doesn't want to make things worse."
I knit my eyebrows and said, "Um... No offense, but what did she tell you all this?"
Mouse grinned and sighed, "Well, Angela, some people will surprise you."
I studied my friend, trying to figure out what she meant, when the bell rang for lunch.
Mouse smiled at me, then got up and left the room.
I sat at my desk, confused.
Chris came over to me and said, like he didn't really care, "Hey, Angela... How is your day?"
"Uh, weird." I said, getting up, "Yours?"
"It sucks." Chris huffed, "My friends are all jerks."
"Hey, what do you mean?" I asked, a little concerned about my brother.
Chris gave me a look and said, "Kathy's offended pretty much everyone I know and Leo's a big, stupid, homophobic jerk."
"Good God, Chris." Mouse complained, "Are you in love with him?"
Chris sneered at her, "Of course not. Why does everything just suck all of a sudden?"
I put my arm around Chris' shoulders and said, "Well, sometimes it just seem that way, doesn't it? Don't worry, it'll pass."
"You sound weird." Chris grumbled.
I scowled and said, "Fine, be that way. Listen to your own advice; 'Hold a grudge against anyone who pisses you off.'"
Mouse nodded, "Yep. Those are some pretty good morals."
"Whatever." Chris said, "The point is that it seems like everything is going wrong right now."
I shrugged and said, "Weeelll, I don't know what else I can tell you, little brother. Sometimes life just sucks."
Chris pouted, "I don't like it."
Mouse and I gave him a look and I said, "Stop complaining. I'm sure you'll get over it."

No comments:

Post a Comment