Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 28 - CHAPTER 16

Lunkwill turned and walked down the hall, into the living room. He saw Kathy sitting in the corner of the room, on the floor, her red hair falling in her face. Then, Lunkwill saw the blood from his sister's hand.
"Kathy? You're hurt..." Lunkwill said shakily, swallowing, "What happened?"
Kathy stared at him; her eyes were cold and grey.
"Go away." She said.
Lunkwill shook his head and bent down in front of her, "No, I won't go away. What happened?"
"Nothing happened, now please leave me alone." Kathy said, her fingers squeaking on the wooden floor.
Lunkwill gave his sister a hesitant look and Kathy said firmly, "Go!"
Lunkwill swallowed and reluctantly nodded.
"Okay.... But you can talk to me any time." He said, and he left the room.
Kathy sat on the floor with her arms wrapped around her knees. She leaned her head against the wall; It was hard and cold.
Kathy shuddered and a tear slid down her cheek. She covered her face with her hands and started crying again.
I need to get out of here. Kathy thought. She looked around the living room and got up.
Without hesitating, Kathy went out the front door and slammed it behind her.
Common sense? Kathy thought as she stormed down the block, Who needs it? I don't even care anymore. I just don't care. I don't care if people miss me, I don't care if I go far away and don't have anything to wear but this cheerleading uniform.
Then, Kathy stopped walking. She swallowed and said aloud, her voice shaking, 


".... Do I care if I die?"

No comments:

Post a Comment