Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 28 - CHAPTER 9

Kathy closed her front door and dropped her backpack on the couch. Rebecca was already home, cutting vegetables in the kitchen.
She noticed Kathy and said, "Oh, welcome home, Darling. I got off work early, so that's why I'm here."
Kathy nodded and said, "Yeah..."
Rebecca looked concerned and said, "Why so down, Dearest?"
"You wouldn't understand." Kathy said. Before her mother could say anything else, Kathy went down the hall to her room and closed the door.
Rebecca went back to cutting vegetables and sighed to herself, "Oh, those teenagers. You can never tell what's on their minds."


Kathy sat on her bed with her arms wrapped around her knees, staring at the T.V., which wasn't turned on. She wanted to hit something. Everyone made her so mad.
"What did I do to deserve this?" Kathy asked herself quietly, "What did I ever do to hurt anybody?"
Kathy thought about that. She had done tons of things to deserve punishment.
"Tae-Hyun." Kathy whispered to herself, recalling what had happened at Leo's house a few weeks ago. Her eyes narrowed.


As Kathy walked through her school the next day, she saw Tae-Hyun in the hallway.
Tae-Hyun tripped and dropped her books on the floor. A student stopped to help her pick them up and Tae-Hyun smiled at him, nodding 'thank you'.
I hate her so much. Kathy thought, Maybe what I did to her was wrong, but I still hate her. Everybody loves her because Tae-Hyun's so sweet, Tae-Hyun's so gentle, Tae-Hyun's so humble. Tae-Hyun this, Tae-Hyun that, it's all about damn Tae-Hyun!
Kathy tilted her head to the side and watched Tae-Hyun walk to her locker.
Why don't people talk about me like that? Kathy thought, What does she have that I don't? She's not prettier than me. She's not more popular than me...
Part of Kathy knew she was being unreasonable. Being pretty and popular wasn't everything and Kathy knew that.
Kathy sighed and watched Tae-Hyun, thinking, I guess she is cute, though. She's not girly, but she's not ugly, either... I'm not jealous of you, am I?
Just then, Leo walked over to Tae-Hyun and Tae-Hyun's face lit up.
Kathy's expression darkened and she said aloud, "Of course not."
Leo and Tae-Hyun talked for a while and Kathy scowled. She slammed her fists against another set of lockers and stormed off.
Tae-Hyun and Leo both looked at her and Tae-Hyun called, "Kathy?"
Kathy didn't look back, she just stomped down the hallway, furious.
"I hate her, I hate her, I HATE HER!!!" Kathy said, getting louder with every word.
Kathy got some looks, but no one said anything.
Kathy stomped into math class and slammed her books down on the desk.
The few kids that were in the room turned their heads and Kathy sat down forcefully in her seat. She shot them glares and they looked away.
Kathy set her head on her arms. She didn't want anyone to look at her anymore. What if she was just left alone until she cracked? Then what? Then what would happen? What if she went nuts?




Would anybody care?

No comments:

Post a Comment