Monday, May 17, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 20 - CHAPTER 11

It had been almost two and a half hours since Chris had left the house and Mom and I were freaking out. His phone had been turned off the entire time and we had no idea where our baby- Er, her baby was.
Then, we were sitting in the living room and he came in from the hallway.
"Chris," Mom said, "Where have you been? How did you get in here?"
Chris shrugged and said casually, taking off his baseball cap, "Ah, I thought I'd try something new, so I came in through the bathroom window."
Mom and I started at Chris. He never tried to get out of routine!
Chris looked back and forth from me to Mom and a small smile crossed his lips.
He came in and sat by me at the table. He said, "So, what have you two been doing?"
Mom and I looked at each other and I said, "Um... We're playing cards."
Chris nodded, looking a bit disappointed. He said quietly, "Oh. I don't know how to play."
Mom smiled warmly at him and said, "We can teach you."
Chris smiled and nodded, "Okay."
So, Mom and I taught Chris how to play the card game we had been playing and it was one of the best 'family time' moments we've ever had. Too bad Dad had to take a late shift that day.




I didn't know what was up with Chris, but I wasn't worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment