Friday, May 7, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 19.5 - CHAPTER 7

Right before English class started, Chris went up to Mouse and slammed his hand down onto the table she was sitting at.
Mouse looked up at Chris' angry, accusing face and she smiled.
"Hi, Chris. What's up?" She said cheerily.
"Oh, don't play dumb with me, Sweetheart." Chris said.
Mouse stared blankly at him.
Chris chuckled and smiled tightly, sitting down across from her.
"Hey, Mousey," He said through clenched teeth, "I was just wondering what the hell you're planning?"
"Naughty word." Mouse said flatly.
Chris eyed her, "I beg your pardon?"
"You said a naughty word." Mouse said, shaking her finger at him.
Chris shook his head, "You know what? I don't care about all your bull crap! What do you have up your sleeve?"
Mouse smirked at him, looking satisfied, "Here's a thought. What if I'm just being nice for a change?"
Chris was silence and Mouse said, "Hm?"
Chris blinked and said slowly, "So... You're saying that... You're just acting nice to mess up peoples' heads? Is that what's going on?"
Mouse shrugged, smiling, "What, I'm not allowed to have fun?"
Chris chuckled, patting Mouse's shoulder, "Ah, clever. Very smart, Mouse."
Mouse's smile turned into a scowl and she stood up, putting her hand on Chris' shoulder. He looked confused for a second and then Mouse kneed him in the groin.
"Ow!" Chris yelled, trying hard to avoid swearing, "What was that?"
Mouse shook her head at him and said coldly, "I know I'm clever, but you don't compliment me. I torture you, you suffer, I enjoy myself. It's a win-win deal."
"How is that win-win?" Chris squeaked, "You kick me and I suffer and that's a win-win?" 
Mouse studied him and nodded.
Chris sighed and said, "I don't like you."
Mouse smiled, sitting back down, "Yeah, that's what I wanted to hear. Glad to have you back, Buddy."
"You too?" Chris asked.
Mouse shrugged again, "Sure, I'm back."




I came into the English classroom right when class was starting. 
I sat down by Mouse and Leo came in, sitting with us.
Our English teacher, Mr. Sullivan, came into the room and clasped his hands together. He gestured to Chris, who was standing up by our table, and said, "Mr. Harper, have a seat."
Chris shook his head and said weakly, "Can I stand, please?"
Mouse grinned, looking very pleased with herself. I didn't know what she had done, but it apparently hurt Chris enough so that he couldn't sit down.......




No wonder she was so cheerful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment