Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cool With A "K" PART 29 - CHAPTER 8

Geoffry slammed his math books on the table across from Leo and sat down.
Leo looked up from his notebook and said cautiously, "May I... Help you?"
"There are tons of clever things I want to say right now, but this is serious." Geoffry said, leaning in toward Leo, "We need to take down Julien, you and me."
Leo raised an eyebrow at him and said, "What are you talking about, Geoffry?"
"You and I..." Geoffry said, grinning, "Need to take down the big guy, Julien. He's getting all the attention we crave and we're gonna knock him off his feet."
"How are we supposed to do that?" Leo asked, crossing his arms with slight interest.
"Come on, Leo." Geoffry said, "You and I are two attractive, extremely popular guys-"
"Are you sure you've got your facts straight?" Leo said, adding, "Pun not intended."
Geoffry ignored Leo's question and continued, "Together, we can defeat this guy and get our girls back!"
He held out his hand to Leo and said, "What do you say, Linguine?"
Leo eyed Geoffry suspiciously and said slowly, "I don't know if I should be offended by that Italian crack, but that's not a bad plan. I'm in."
Leo shook Geoffry's hand and Geoffry said, "What Italian crack?"


When fourth hour came, French class, Chris and Tae-Hyun stood outside of the French room.
"Okay, you're gonna go in first." Chris said, "Remember what to say?"
Tae-Hyun nodded, "Just like we rehearsed."
"Exactly." Chris said, gesturing for her to go in.
Tae-Hyun walked over to Julien and sat down in the desk in front of him.
"Hey, Julien." She said, smiling flirtily.
Julien smiled back and said, "Oh, hi, Tae-Hyun. What's up?"
"Oh, nothing much." Tae-Hyun said, fluttering her eyelashes, "I was just wondering..."
Julien nodded and Tae-Hyun glanced at Chris, who nodded.
Tae-Hyun twirled her hair and said, "I just wanted to know what kind of people you're into?"
Julien's smiled faded and he looked surprised.
"Oh?" He said, grinning slightly, "Well, I suppose I can say I like... People with an edge."
Tae-Hyun shot a quick confused glance to Chris who shrugged.
"Well, what do you mean an 'edge'?" Tae-Hyun asked.
Julien shrugged and said, "Oh, you know, like burnouts and badasses and such."
Tae-Hyun's eyes widened. She smiled tightly and said, "Oh, cool. Thanks. I-I'll see you later, Julien."
"I'll see you." Julien said, smiling warmly at Tae-Hyun as she left.
Tae-Hyun joined Chris at the door and said, "Was that too much? I felt like it was."
"No, no, you were great, darling." Chris said, lowering his voice, "But burnouts? Did he just say burnouts? And badass?"
"Yes, yes, he did!" Tae-Hyun said, sighing wistfully, "We can never pull that off. What are we going to do now?"
Chris looked at Julien and said, "Tae-Hyun, how badly do you want Julien?"
"Hm?" Tae-Hyun said glumly.
"How bad do you want Julien?" Chris said, turning to Tae-Hyun, "With all the burning passion in your heart? Do you want him like crazy?"
"Uhh..." Tae-Hyun said, "I'm not sure how to answer that."
"Tae-Hyun," Chris said, "Are you serious about liking this guy?"
Tae-Hyun nodded and Chris put his arm around her shoulders.
"Well, then." Chris said, smirking in Julien's direction, "It looks like we're gonna have to to something we've never dreamed of...




"Go badass."

No comments:

Post a Comment