Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cool With A "K" PART 29 - CHAPTER 5

Mouse turned the dial on her locker and opened it. She got out the books for her next class and when she closed her locker, Geoffry was standing there with his arms crossed and a rose in his clenched, grinning teeth.
Mouse jumped slightly and pulled herself together.
"What the hell do you want, Canning?" She snarled.
"Please," Geoffry said. He took the rose out of his mouth and held it out to her, "Call me Geoffry."
Mouse wrinkled her nose and said, "People may call me gross, but I would rather die than I touch something that has been in your mouth."
"Like what?" Geoffry said coolly, "Your tongue?"
"Shh!" Mouse hissed, lowering her voice and snapping menacingly, "You better not have told anyone, Canning. If you did, I'll rip your nuts off."
Geoffry laughed charmingly and said, "Your insults have always been quite creative, and kind of sexy."
"Piss off." Mouse said, walking down the hall.
Geoffry walked alongside her and she glared at him, quickening her pace. Geoffry sped up with her.
Mouse cried out in frustration, "Look, just leave me the hell alone, okay? Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth? I don't like you!"
"No, maybe you don't," Geoffry said, walking up to Mouse, "But you do love me."
Mouse stared at him, speechless.
"You can't deny it." Geoffry said, "You know you love me, you're just too macho to admit it."
Mouse's face turned red with rage and she screamed, "Get out of my face before I kick your ass!"
Geoffry chuckled and walked away, head held high.
A few kids stared at Mouse and she shrieked at them, "What are you looking at? Huh???"


Still in a good mood for being able to control Mouse yet again, Geoffry strolled down the hall and stopped by Mabel's locker.
"Hey, baby." He said, smirking.
Mabel turned her head toward Geoffry and said, "Oh, hi, Geoffry."
Geoffry pursed his lips, waiting for her to kiss him. When she didn't, he said, "Uhh, Mabel?"
"Geoffry, I was meaning to ask you," Mabel said, closing her locker, "Have you seen that new guy recently? The French kid?"
"Julien?" Geoffry offered.
"Yeah, him." Mabel said, smiling, "I can't seem to find him. I wanted to know if you could help me look for him."
Then she laughed and said, "Well, not look for him. You know what I mean."
Geoffry stared at Mabel, blinking.
Mabel furrowed her eyebrows and said, "Geoffry? Are you there?"
"Um..." Geoffry said, clearing his throat, "Yeah, I'm here. So, uh, why do you want to find this guy?"
Mabel smiled and said, "I like him. He seems really sweet. Of course I don't know what he looks like, but I'm sure he's bound to be hot. Otherwise why would anyone like him?"
For some reason, that comment reminded Geoffry of Chris, one of his other previous lovers.
That sounds like something he would object to. Geoffry thought, Something where he would come in and start talking about people's personalities and how love isn't all about looks and sex.
Geoffry sighed at the thought of Chris and said softly to himself, "He hates me now..."
"What?" Mabel said.
Geoffry smiled tightly and said, "Nothing, Mabel. I'll talk to you later."
"Yeah, sure." Mabel said, giggling.
Sure? What is that supposed to mean? Geoffry thought, paranoid.
Then, he realized something.
"Oh, God." Geoffry said out loud, 




"What if all the girls fall for this new guy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment