Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cool With A "K" PART 29 - CHAPTER 7

Chris stormed into math class in a fury the next day. He sat down in his desk and sighed angrily.
Tae-Hyun and Julien stood in front of the door and Julien left, smiling at her. Tae-Hyun smiled back and went into the math room. She sat by Chris and said, "Hi, Chris. Hey, are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." Chris grumbled, "Geoffry's just a big, fat, stupid, lying jerk. But whatever, I'm not dating him anymore."
Tae-Hyun nodded awkwardly and Chris said, "So, what was that just now?"
"What?" Tae-Hyun asked.
"You and Julien." Chris said, both curiously and with a bit of envy, "You guys were all flirty-smiley in the hall just now."
Tae-Hyun blushed and said, "Oh, nothing. I just..."
Chris nodded and Tae-Hyun asked sheepishly, "Can I tell you something?"
Chris nodded again and said, "Of course."
Tae-Hyun looked at him and said, "Well... I kind of... I've been really upset with Leo lately and I... I guess I met Julien and I kind of liked him and I knew Leo still likes me and..."
A grin spread across Chris' face and he said, "You sly little thing."
Tae-Hyun looked at him, "Excuse me?"
"You're hanging out with Julien to get back at Leo, aren't you?" Chris asked curiously.
"Kind of..." Tae-Hyun said, nodding guiltily, "I... I suppose."
Chris smiled and said, "Look at you, learning the way of the American teenager."
Tae-Hyun chuckled and blushed a little.
Chris folded his hands on the desk and said, "Tae-Hyun? Can I... Ask you something?"
"Yes." Tae-Hyun said.
"Do you... Like... Julien?" Chris asked, "You know, like-like? Romantically?"

Tae-Hyun studied Chris for a while before saying quietly, "You like him too, don't you?"
Chris nodded and smiled warmly, "It's okay, we can share him. I know that you and I won't get into a bloody battle if one or the other gets him."
Tae-Hyun laughed and said, "Great."

After a pause, she sighed and asked Chris, "Do you think I am doing the right thing? You know, hanging around with Julien?"
"Totally." Chris said, pointing his pencil at Tae-Hyun, "Leo pissed you off and as a girl, this Julien guy is a perfect opportunity to say, 'Hey, you're an ass! Time to clean up your act and treat me like a human being, not a toy!' Show him who's boss, girl!"
Tae-Hyun laughed and nodded, "Yeah, you have a point..."
"I know I do." Chris said, smiling knowingly, "I've had lots of practice with dating Geoffry."
The bell rang for math to be let out and Chris and Tae-Hyun headed for the Study Hall classroom.
"It's really good to have someone to talk to about Leo." Tae-Hyun said.
"No problem. I like a little girl drama here and there." Chris said.
"Yeah..." Tae-Hyun sighed, "I just... He made me so mad. Sometimes I even forget why specifically I am mad, but the more I see him and think about him..."
"The more mad at him you get." Chris said, "I know the feeling."
"Exactly." Tae-Hyun said, "Wow, you do know a lot about this."
She and Chris laughed.
Chris sighed and said, "Well, you and I are now both single. What shall we do about that?"
"Do we have to do something?" Tae-Hyun said, "And what do you mean by single?"
"No longer dating anyone."
"I know what single means," Tae-Hyun smiled and raised an eyebrow at Chris, "I am saying that Leo and I were never dated."
"Dating, you mean." Chris corrected her.
Tae-Hyun laughed, "Yeah, yeah, that. Whatever. Basically, what are you saying?"
Chris put his hand on Tae-Hyun's shoulder and said, "I'm a boy, you're a girl. We don't know what this Julien guy is into, so why don't we both try for him and see what happens?"
"No hard feelings?" Tae-Hyun asked.
Chris shook his head, "No way, girlfriend. We're a team now. What do you say?"
Tae-Hyun grinned and gave Chris a high-five, "Totally. So, what do we do?"
Chris looked down the hall at Julien and said, "Phase one, we find out what he likes. Popular kids, nerds, movie junkies..."
Chris glanced Tae-Hyun up and down and joked, "You would probably make an adorable catholic schoolgirl."
"Chris!" Tae-Hyun shrieked.
Chris started laughing, then stopped and said seriously, "We have to get down to business immediately. What do you say we stop by to stalk him in fourth hour, 'kay?"
"Sure." Tae-Hyun said, smirking.
The bell rung and Chris said, waving, "See you later, partner."
"Later." Tae-Hyun said. She smiled confidently as she walked down the hall.
With help from Chris, she was going to do something devious.




Or at least something more adventurous than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment