Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cool With A "K" PART 29 - CHAPTER 12

"So... Why are you dressed like that again?" Alice asked Chris and Tae-Hyun.
"It's all about attention, doll." Chris said, taking out a cigarette, "Me and Tae-Hyun have our eyes on a guy who likes burnouts, so now we're burnouts. It's simple."
"Chris, what are you doing?" Alice said. She and Tae-Hyun eyed Chris nervously as he put a cigarette in his mouth. He drew a lighter up to the cigarette and lit it.
Chris took the cigarette out of his mouth, let out a breath of smoke, and started coughing.
Alice patted his back and said, "Are you alright??"
"Yeah," Chris said between coughs, embarrassed, "Of course I am. Ha ha ha..."
Tae-Hyun let out a breath of relief and said, "Chris, why did you do that?"
"'Cause, burnouts smoke." Chris wheezed.


"You're an idiot." Mouse said.
Chris, Alice, and Tae-Hyun looked at Mouse and I as we came around the side of the school.
"What are you doing?" I said, snatching the lighter from Chris' hand, "Mouse is right, you are an idiot. Don't smoke."
"Why do people do that?" Chris said, still coughing, "It's disgusting."
"Exactly." I said, hitting him in the stomach with the back of my hand, "Now, don't do it."
I drew back my hand and threw the lighter... Uhh, yonder somewhere. I wasn't really paying attention.
Irritated, Chris said, "Angie!"
"Shut up, it's for your own good..." I said, "...And because I wanted to throw that lighter across the playground."
The bell rang for us to go inside and Alice said, "Well, this has been... Interesting. Chris, Tae-Hyun, stay out of trouble. Please."
"Yeah, guys." I said, eyeing Chris, "I don't want to see any more cigarettes."
"Fine, no more cigarettes, but I make no further promises." Chris said snottily, putting on his sunglasses, "Come on, Tae-Hyun."
Tae-Hyun followed him away and said, "Uh, Chris?"
"Hm?"
Tae-Hyun bit her lip and said quietly, "Are you sure we should be doing this? You know, acting and dressing differently than we usually do just because we want Julien's attention?"
Chris smirked and said, "I don't know, you decide. Start by asking him."
Chris grasped Tae-Hyun's shoulders and pointed her to face Julien, who was walking toward them.
Tae-Hyun smiled and said, "O...Kay."
Julien stopped in front of them and Chris wandered off, giving Tae-Hyun a turn with their toy.
"Hey." Julien said, smiling.
"Hi." Tae-Hyun giggled.
Julien held out his arm to her and said, "May I walk you to the gym?"
Tae-Hyun smiled and nodded, linking her arm through his.

No comments:

Post a Comment