Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cool With A "K" PART 30 - CHAPTER 4

I came into Study Hall and sat down. Lester cleared his throat loudly behind me and I turned to look at him.
He was sitting with his arm around a girl with short brown hair.
I gave Lester a 'what?' look and he nodded, adjusting his green plastic sunglasses, "This is my girl, Emma."
Emma waved and said, "Hey, I'm Emma."
I nodded and said, "Uh... Okay."
Lester grinned at me and said, "Yeah, I know you're jealous, Angela."
Emma twirled her finger in one of Lester's curls, "Oh, you're so cute."
"I know, babe." Lester said, kissing her.
I looked at the Study Hall teacher, Ms. Potter. She opened one of the drawers on her desk and took out a bottle of Tums. She grimaced and took three. Poor woman.
Chris came into the room and studied Lester and Emma. He sighed and sat down by me.
"So, uh, what's goin' on?" Chris asked.
"Nothing much..." I said, adding conversationally, "Lester got a girlfriend."
Chris glanced at them and said uncomfortably, "I can see that."


As Chris and I left Study Hall, I said to him, "Hey, does it seem like things have been kind of changing around here lately?"
Chris nodded, "Yeah, sort of. Recently, some people have been acting kind of... Casual for school."
I kept my snarky comments about him and Geoffry to myself and I said, "Totally. See? Me being grossed out by that couple doesn't mean I'm a lesbian."
Chris smirked at me. Damn it, why did I have to bring that up again?
I scowled at him and said, "Think what you want, but it's not true. Come on, let's find Leo and Mouse and Alice and get to lunch."
"Alright." Chris said, but I could still hear his brain forming jokes.
Uhg, I don't know what's up with Chris or Lester or Geoffry or anyone else.




Is there something I'm missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment