Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 23 - CHAPTER 9





"I can't believe they would do that to us!" Chris cried as he tried desperately to clean off his white suit, "Oh, this is dry clean only!"
"It's okay, Chris. It's not like it's never happened before." I said flatly.
Kathy looked upset, too.
"It's never happened to me." She said quietly, "Is this what it's like to be you guys?"
Chris, Alice, and I all gave her a look.
Jenny smiled and said, "Well, I don't know about you guys, but I had fun."
We all looked at Jenny.
"This has never happened to me either. It was a new experience!" She said.
Chris and I looked at each other. Wow.
Leo and Tae-Hyun walked up to us.
"Hey, guys. How'd it g..." Leo stopped walking and stared at us.
Tae-Hyun gasped, "What happened?"
"The crowd threw food at us." Chris said, peeling a piece of tomato off his jacket.
Leo stifled a laugh and we all glared at him. You better not...
Then, he started laughing his head off.
"Shut up, jerk!" I said, hitting him on the shoulder.
Leo kept laughing and Tae-Hyun said, "Leo, stop."
We all looked at Tae-Hyun and he put his hand over his mouth.
He started snickering and he said, "I'm sorry..."
Then, the laughter spread to Tae-Hyun like they were on laughing gas.
The boys were falling over each other and laughing.
Leo fell to his knees and pounded his fist on the floor.
Tae-Hyun slapped his knee and laughed hard.
He put his hand on his side and laughed.
Leo stood up and high-fived Tae-Hyun.
Then, they literally pointed at us and laughed.
"I hate you guys." Chris said, "... Well, no I don't. I hate you guys right now."
"Do your sweet little apologizing thing later, Tae-Hyun." Leo said, "Enjoy... The... Moment... HAHAHAHA!!"
Eventually, the boys were both on the floor laughing.
"My God..." I said, running my fingers through my hair.
Mouse walked up to us and said, "Sorry I'm late."
"No, you're not." I said.
"Yeah, you're right." Mouse said.
She stopped walking and looked at Leo and Tae-Hyun, then at me.
"What happened to you guys? Why aren't they covered in garbage?" Mouse asked casually.
I took a piece of sandwich out of my hair and threw it at the boys.
"There, now they are." I said, "Feel free to throw more."
Tae-Hyun stood up and slowed his laughter.
"I'm sorry, girls... Chris." He said, "That was very rude of me. I should not have laughed at you."
"But it is pretty funny." Leo said over his shoulder, and they both started laughing all over again.
"Geez, you guys look like two drunk seniors." Mouse said, "Have you been drinking?"
Tae-Hyun stopped laughing and said, "Drinking?"
Leo put his hand on Tae-Hyun's shoulder and tried to stop laughing, "It's okay, nothing to worry a... BAHAHAHA!!"
Chris rolled his eyes and said bitterly, "You guys are so immature."
Leo stopped laughing and said, "Oh-ho-hoo, look who's talking now! You, my friend, are the kind of immaturity."
Chris glared daggers at Leo and Leo's smile slowly faded.
"No you're just being an ass, Leo." I said.
"Oh, he's way past being an ass." Chris said with an edge, "He was an ass ten minutes ago, he's just more of an ass now then he was then."
"Uh, hey, look... I'm sorry, man..." Leo said.
Chris held up a hand and said, "Nope, no worries. It's okay for you to just stand here, basking in your glory and laughing at our failure. That's totally fine, we don't mind."
His voice shook, getting worse as he spoke.
"That was really rude, Leo." Jenny said, the smile on her face faded for probably the first time that I had seen.
Leo's face had slowly gone from joking to wide-eyed and scared. He shifted his gaze to Kathy, who shook her head and pursed her pretty lips.
"That was bad, Leo." She said.
Leo looked sad and he said, "Why are you blaming me? Tae-Hyun laughed too."
Kathy nodded her head in Tae-Hyun's direction and Leo turned around; Tae-Hyun was sniffling.
"Dude, are you okay?" Leo said. He hated seeing people cry, especially guys. Even Chris. It just... Upset him.
Tae-Hyun nodded and wiped his face on his sleeve, "Yeah, I just didn't mean to hurt their feelings. I thought it was funny that people threw garbage at them, but it wasn't. I laughed, and now they are angry with me."
Chris went over to Tae-Hyun and put his hands on his shoulders.
"It's okay, Tae-Hyun." Chris said, "We forgive you because you apologized and you weren't as bad as Leo at all."
"Hey!" Leo said, "Now you're the one being an ass!"
Chris didn't turn around, he kept his hands on Tae-Hyun's shoulders.
"How so?" Chris asked, almost curiously, but he was gritting his teeth.
"You're just forgiving him because you like him!" Leo said, trying to pull Chris away from Tae-Hyun.
"Don't touch me!" Chris said, pushing Leo.
"Don't push me, Harper!" Leo said, shoving him back.
"Guys, stop it!" Alice said.
Chris and Leo were slapping each other now.
Leo shoved Chris to the floor and Chris kicked his shin.
Leo fell and Chris got on his back, hitting him.
"Get off me!" Leo yelled at him, slapping him.
"GUYS!" Kathy yelled, grabbing Leo.
I grabbed Chris and we pulled them apart.
Tae-Hyun stood wide-eyed next to Alice with his hands over his mouth.
Kathy and I pinned Leo and Chris' arms behind there backs and they screamed at each other.
"Hey!" I yelled. They were quiet.
"Stop that!" I yelled at them, "What the hell got into you guys?"
"He's a jerk, that's what!" Chris yelled.
"Chris, you're a hypocrite!" Leo yelled, flipping his hair out of his face, "You give me dirty looks and call me things, but when Tae-Hyun does the exact same thing as me, you forgive him because you like him!"
"That's none of your business and it's not for you to share!" Chris cried, "Get out of my life!"
"Gladly!" Leo said, getting out of Kathy's grip. He stormed away.
There was a long, still silence.
Chris glared at Leo as he walked away and said, "I hate him."
"No, you don't." I said, "What you did was unfair."
Chris gaped at me and said, "You're siding with him? He laughed at us!"
"I'm not siding with anyone!" I said, getting in Chris' face, "If you weren't such a stubborn jerk, then this wouldn't have happened!"
"HEY!" Tae-Hyun yelled.
We all looked at him.
Tae-Hyun's cheeks were streaked with tears and he said, "I laughed too. Don't take this out on Leo or Chris. I don't know what Chris did, but Leo and I shouldn't have laughed at you. I'm sorry."
"Oh, look at you, Tae-Hyun." Kathy said bitterly, walking over to him, "You think you're so cute and innocent."
"What are you talking about?" Tae-Hyun said, puzzled.
"You're so modest about Chris liking you and you're always avoiding conflict." Kathy said.
Leaning closer to Tae-Hyun, she added in a whisper, "Everybody likes you... Isn't that right?"
Tae-Hyun shook his head, "I don't understand what you're saying."
"Plus, you can always use that excuse." Kathy said, "You can be all 'Oh, look at me. I'm Korean, I don't know English!'"
"You're being racist now." Tae-Hyun said, "Don't be rude."
"You wouldn't hit a girl." Kathy said.
"I don't want to hit anyone!" Tae-Hyun cried.
Kathy smirked, "Exactly. You're a wuss!"
"Leave him alone!" Chris said.
Kathy spun around and said, "Stay out of this, you're not helping!"
Chris stared at her and said, "Hey!"
"Will you guys stop arguing?" Tae-Hyun cried.
"You're such a baby, Tae-Hyun!" Kathy yelled, pushing him.
"Don't!" Tae-Hyun said.
"I bet you're gay, too." Kathy said.
"Shut up, Kathy!" I yelled at her.
"You're not a part of this, Blondie!" Kathy shot back, spinning back around to yell at Tae-Hyun, "I bet you're in love with Leo! You always follow him around!"
"What?" Tae-Hyun cried, looking offended.
Kathy walked over to Tae-Hyun, put her face close to his, and said, "Leave... Him... Alone."
Mouse said suddenly, "You like Leo?"
Kathy didn't turn around. She faced Tae-Hyun still and her face turned red.
Tae-Hyun stared at her and said softly, "You do, don't you?"
Speechless, Kathy stared back at him.
I turned around and saw Jenny sitting on the floor, crying.
"Jenny..." I said.
"I'm sorry," She said, holding her hand up to her face, "But I hate seeing people fight."
"I don't." Kathy said, and she slapped Tae-Hyun across the face.
Tae-Hyun stared at her in shock.
"Why would you do that?" He cried.
"I'd hit a guy." Kathy said, "You're so puny, I know I'll win."
Then, I did something I never thought I would.
"You bitch!" I said.
When Kathy turned to look at me, I slapped her in the face.
Kathy stared at me and slapped me back.
Soon, I was pulling her hair and she was hitting me.
"Mouse, do something!" Alice cried, covering her mouth with her hands.
Mouse looked at her and said, "Did you really just say that?"
"I can't do anything and Jenny is in tears!" Alice said, "Help them!"
"Why can't you do anything?" Mouse said.
Alice stared at her. For once, Mouse had a point.
Alice walked up to Kathy and I and got in between us.
Kathy slapped Alice in the face.
Alice stared at her, in shock.
Kathy sneered at her and said, "That's for stealing Chris."
"Oh, come on, Kathy." Alice said, "We already went over this."
"Yeah, he's mine." Kathy said.
Alice took a step toward her, "Kathy, that's ridiculous... He doesn't like either of us and if he did, that would be fine."
"What, if he liked you?" Kathy said, "Well, news flash, I've known him longer."
"That doesn't matter!" Alice said.
Kathy chuckled, "You're pathetic, too. You wouldn't hurt a fly."
"Is that so bad?" Tae-Hyun said helplessly.
"You don't know that." Alice said, slapping Kathy.
Kathy's jaw dropped and she hit her back.
"KATHY!"
We all turned around and saw Chris grab Kathy's arm.
"Leave her alone!" He said.
Kathy stared at Chris, Chris staring back.
Then, just like that, Kathy and Chris were fighting, Alice and I were trying to pry them off each other, and Tae-Hyun was running down the hall with Jenny, escaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment