Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 23 - CHAPTER 6

The next day at recess, Tae-Hyun helped the girls with their dance first.
Mouse sat with Leo and Chris at the picnic table right by us. Leo watched Tae-Hyun talk and Chris had his arms folded, looking mad.
"Okay," Tae-Hyun said, "So, the first thing you do-"
"Hey, Tae-Hyun." Kathy said, grinning at the rest of us girls, "Why don't you show us what it looks like first?"
Everyone's attention turned to Tae-Hyun and he looked nervous.
But then a grin spread across his face.
"Oh, alright." Tae-Hyun said, grinning. He reached for the zipper on his hoodie, but retracted. Meh, non-relevant.
Kathy, Alice, Jenny, and I moved aside so Tae-Hyun could have the "stage" (You know, grass and crap).
Tae-Hyun gestured for Leo to turn on the boom box.
Leo dramatically pressed the Play button and the music played.
Sowoneul malhaebwa ni mamsokae itneun jageun ggoomeul malhaebwa...
Uhg. All Korean. Can't understand.
I will just tell you now that that is the girliest dance I have ever seen a guy do.... Okay, that's a lie. You guys remember my brother, right?
Tae-Hyun did the whole dance. It was crazy.
"Dude," Leo said, walking over to him, "That was nuts!"
"Is that a good thing?" Tae-Hyun asked.
"Yeah!" Leo said, "You were awesome!"
Tae-Hyun beamed, "Thank you!"
"How are we gonna do that???" I cried.
Jenny laughed loudly, "That's insane!"
"You're insane." Mouse said to her.
"Tae-Hyun," Chris said, approaching him.
Tae-Hyun faced VChris, who studied him and put his hands on Tae-Hyun's shoulder.
"Tae-Hyun," Chris said again, "You have just done what every man should do,"
Tae-Hyun looked confused and Chris said dramatically, "Memorize... A girly dance."
I rolled my eyes. My brother is so stupid.
Tae-Hyun still looked confused and Chris turned to him.
"I'm so proud of you!" Chris said, hugging Tae-Hyun.
Leo and I stifled a laugh as Tae-Hyun awkwardly hugged him back.
Chris didn't let go.
"Chris!" I said, snapping my fingers at him.
Chris backed off.
"Oh... Sorry." He said to Tae-Hyun, but I don't think he meant it.
"So," Kathy said, eyeing Chris, "Would you like to teach us the dance now, Tae-Hyun?"
Tae-Hyun's gaze shifted from Kathy to Chris, then back to Kathy.
"Um... Yes..." Tae-Hyun said slowly. He walked over to Kathy, Jenny, Alice, and I.
"So, uhh..." Tae-Hyun said, "The dance starts out like this."
He showed us the first step and we imitated it.
"So, Kathy is in the middle at the beginning," Tae-Hyun said, "And then Alice, Angela, and Jenny..."
His voice trailed off.
"Is there a problem?" Kathy asked.
Chris cleared his throat loudly and put his hands behind his head.
We all looked at Chris, who said, "Nothing."
He looked to smug for it to be nothing.
"Well," Tae-Hyun said, "Usually there is an odd number of dancers for Genie, and there are four of you, rather than five."
"Gee, I wonder how we can fix that problem." Chris said loudly.
We turned our attention to Chris again.
"How?" Tae-Hyun asked.
Chris sat up and said, "I don't want to do Super Junior's dance. I want to to Genie with the girls."
Mouse laughed hollowly and said, "What a shock."
I rolled my eyes and Tae-Hyun glanced at me awkwardly.
"Chris, you're a guy." Leo said, "You can't do the girls' dance."
Chris crossed his arms and said, "Theirs looks more fun."
"Well," Tae-Hyun said, "Are you sure you would rather do this one?"
Chris nodded anxiously and Jenny said, "Ooh, what would you wear Chris?"
She laughed cutely and added, "I'm guessing you wouldn't be wearing the costumes from the music video like Kathy, Alice, and I."
Alice and Chris laughed like they were superior to us ignorants.
Chris walked up to Alice and, linking his arm with hers, said, "Oh, we can think of something."
Chris and Alice, the unbeatable duo, turned to face Tae-Hyun.
"So," Chris said, grinning, "What do you say, Tae-Hyun? Me and the girls, you and Leo?"
Tae-Hyun looked at Leo, then at me, then at Chris and Alice.
Then he smiled, "Sure, Chris. If you are sure you want to."
Chris let out a little excited squeal and hugged Alice.
Mouse made an 'Ew' face and Leo looked uncomfortable.
"So..." Tae-Hyun said, "Um, so, Kathy is in the middle at the beginning. Alice and..."
He glanced at Chris, who nodded anxiously.
"Alice and Chris on Kathy's left and Jenny and Angela on her right." Tae-Hyun said.
We did as we were told.
Tae-Hyun taught us part of the dance and then we had to go inside.
I could hear Alice, Chris, Jenny, and Kathy chattering behind me as I walked beside Leo, Tae-Hyun, and Mouse.
"I can't believe Chris is seriously doing Genie with you girls in front of the whole school." Leo said to me.
"Why not?" Mouse said, "It makes perfect sense. Chris wishes he was a girl, so he acts like one."
"I'm sorry, Mouse, what are you saying about me?" Chris said from behind us, but I think he heard her.
"I'm telling Tae-Hyun about you and Leo's make-out session last week." Mouse said casually.
"Shut up, Mouse!" Leo said, turning red, "That didn't happen!"
I sighed. The rest of us had mostly gotten used to Mouse's comment's, but she still go a rise out of Leo but cracking gay jokes about him.
Tae-Hyun stared at Leo and stopped walking.
Leo stopped walking too and said to him, "Tae-Hyun, come on, man. I didn't do that! It never- She's lying!"
Tae-Hyun wordlessly continued to stare at Leo. Oh crap.
"He's telling you the truth, Tae-Hyun." I piped up, "Mouse was kidding. Leo never kissed Chris."
"What about that one time at your party?" Mouse said, "When we were playing Spin The Bottle. I remember it. Leo kissed Chris."
"MOUSE!" Chris and Leo shouted.
Mouse grinned happily and Tae-Hyun's face paled.
I sighed, "Okay, that did happen. Once. But it was a game."
"ANGELA!" Chris and Leo yelled at me.
"What?" I said, "I'm not gonna lie to him."
"That's not your secret, Angela." Leo said, seriously starting to get pissed.
He turned to face Tae-Hyun, his face reddening.
Leo put one hand to his temples and said, "Look, that was like a year ago. Neither of us wanted to. It was a game. The rules of Spin The Bottle are that someone spins the bottle and they have to kiss whoever it points to. On my turn, it pointed to Chris."
Tae-Hyun studied him silently and Leo said, "I'm not gay, Tae-Hyun. That's Chris, but he doesn't like me like that."
Alice, Chris, Kathy, confused Jenny, and even Mouse stared at Leo.
Wow, I thought, Not only did he admit kissing Chris at my party, but he also let go of the whole thing about Chris liking him...... FINALLY.
"I'm a normal guy, just like you." Leo said.
Mouse opened her mouth to speak, but I put my finger to her mouth and whispered, "If you wreck this for him, I'm gonna kill you."
Leo held out his fist to Tae-Hyun and said, "We cool?"
Tae-Hyun smiled and nodded, "Yeah, we're cool."
Tae-Hyun hit Leo's fist with his and Leo grinned.
Me, the other girls, and Chris watched Tae-Hyun and Leo walk away.
I smiled and said, "Aww, our little Leo's growing up."
"Yeah," Mouse said, "When he gets a girlfriend."
"Never." Chris said.
Mouse grinned and said, "I know, right?"
"Guys..." Alice sighed, looking at them, "Really? Can't you cut the guy a break for once?"
"No." Mouse and Chris said bluntly.
I sighed, "Whatever, let's go to gym."
Chris groaned, "I don't like gym."
Mouse patted his shoulder, "We all know, Chris."
"I'm sorry, but I'm really confused." Jenny said.
We all looked at her.
Kathy smiled at her friend and said, "Don't worry about it."
Ah, the average day at Withrow. Things are fine, then awkward, then Mouse messes everything up, then we're back on track again.


My life is pretty boring for being so weird.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce7tLh1CM38&feature=channel


(This was kind of the worst chapter ever XD)

No comments:

Post a Comment