Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 23 - CHAPTER 11

Chris and I said absolutely nothing at lunch, but as we were walking to the bus stop, he spoke.
"Hey, Ange?" Chris said.
I looked at him and he hesitated.
"I'm sorry."
I nodded and Chris continued, "You and Alice were right... I've been a jerk."
I nodded again for him to go on.
"I've been controlling, and rude, and..." Chris swallowed, "Disrespectful. To you, and Alice, and..."
Chris hesitated. He closed and his eyes and sighed, "Even Leo... I was really unfair the way I treated all of you."
I nodded and Chris exclaimed, "What else do you want me to say?"
"You're not very good at apologizing." I said.
Chris gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes at me. But then he smiled. That was the first smile I had seen on his face in what seemed like ages.
"I'm sorry, Angie." Chris said, and I could tell he meant it.
My heart swelled.
"You..." I said, my voice quivering, "You called me Angie."
Chris looked confused and he said, "What do you mean? I always call you Angie."
I shook my head, "All I've heard in the past few months is Angela."
Chris smiled again and said, "I'm sorry."
I hugged my brother tight, "I missed you."
"I think I missed me too." Chris said, "I feel different."
I smiled and said, "Is that good?"
Chris nodded, "It's great."
We broke apart and I said, "Now, all you have to do is tell what you told me to Leo, Alice, Kathy, and Tae-Hyun."
Chris nodded, a little bit guiltily.
"Okay," I said, smiling, "To the bus!"
"To the bus." Chris repeated, starting to grin again.
Side-by-side, Chris and I walked to the bus. So, it was all good between us.


Now, for the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment