Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 19.5 - CHAPTER 2

Mouse got off the bus and started walking to the school. A boy named Lester then bumped into Mouse and she whirled around, "Watch where you're going!"
"Oh, s-sorry, Tiffany." Lester stuttered, forcing back a grin and running off.
"What did you just call me?" Mouse yelled after Lester, but he had already disappeared from sight.
"How did he....?" Mouse wondered to herself as she walked to class.
When Mouse was at her locker, one guy said to her, "'Sup, Tiffany?"
"WHAT?!" She whirled around, "What's wrong with you?"
"That is your name, isn't it?" The kid said, smirking.
Mouse shook her head, "No, I'm Mouse!"
"That's not your real name." The kid said, turning around and walking away.
Mouse slammed her locker shut and stomped to math class, not amused.




Mouse came into Social Studies and sat by Alice, Leo, and I. She looked really pissed and I exchanged a look with Leo.
"What's wrong, Tiffany?" Alice said innocently, knowing that Mouse wouldn't hit her if she called her by her real name.
Mouse glared at Alice and said, "That! Everyone has been calling me Tiffany and I don't know why!"
"Well," Leo said, "It is your real name, Tiffany."
"It is not!" Mouse yelled at him.
Leo snorted and said, "Actually, it is and everyone knows it."
Mouse's eyes widened and she said through clenched teeth, "You told them!!!!"
Leo shook his head, "No, I didn't."
Mouse thought about that for a minute and scowled, "Chris...."
Alice and I looked at each other as Mouse slowly turned around in her seat. She was quiet for the rest of class.




At lunch, Mouse came over to our table and sat down across from Chris, scowling. He ignored her and she said, "So, I guess I underestimated you, Chris."
Chris and Alice were sharing the earphones on Chris's ipod and were singing 'Telephone' by Lady Gaga loudly.
"Stop calling, stop calling, I don't wanna talk anymooreee!" They sang loudly, ignoring Mouse.
"Hey, listen up, girls!" Mouse said, smacking her hand down on the table.
"Stop telephonin' me-eh-eh-eh-eh..." Chris sang louder, holding up his cellphone and trying to annoy Mouse.
"Will you shut up?" Mouse said, yanking the earphones out of Chris and Alice's ears.
"Ow!" They both said.
"Listen to me!" Mouse said, "What's wrong with you, Chris? You're not supposed to be smart enough to outsmart me."
Chris laughed hollowly and said, "Tiffany, Honey, I skipped a grade. I've been on the honer role since fifth grade. I'm not the idiot you think I am."
I could've sworn Mouse retracted a bit, but it was hard to tell. She studied Chris suspiciously and said, "I'm still not afraid of you. You can do whatever you want, but I will never be afraid of you. After all, you can't do much more."
Chris grinned smugly, "Be careful what you say, Mouse. I can do more damage than you think. I thought I gave you a fair warning."
He gestured to the lunchroom doors and said, "And plus, I've already spoken to a few of my friends on the volunteering committee."
"What?!" Mouse hissed, but was interrupted by a blonde junior girl, wearing a white blouse and a plaid skirt.
The girl smiled and announced, "Here is the new list of volunteers this quarter,"
"Chris, what did you do?" Mouse hissed.
"Shh." Chris said, gesturing to the girl again.
"Chris Harper," The girl listed, "Lester Wolfe, Katie Sharp, Josephine Steele, Tiffany White..."
A few kids giggled and the blonde girl pushed her thick glasses up on her nose, "Now, who is that? I don't recognize that name.... Tiffany? Tiffany White? Do we have a new member."
Almost everyone in the lunchroom, including Leo, pointed to Mouse.
The blonde girl's jaw dropped and she stuttered, "M-Mouse?"
Chris stood up next to Mouse and put his arm around her shoulders, "Yes, Tiffany has newly signed up to help her fellow good citizens of Withrow High School to pick up trash around the neighborhood, make blankets for the homeless shelter, and visit the Senior Home weekly."
"What is wrong with you?" Mouse sputtered.
Chris hugged her tighter and said, beaming, "See? Young Tiffany is so excited to become a new member of our team!"
It was obvious that Chris had set her up, but the idea of Mouse being on the volunteering team was so funny, that everyone laughed and clapped for her.
Chris patted Mouse's shoulder and said, "I'll see you every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school for eight weeks, Tiffany."
Mouse glared at Chris as he walked away and I tried not to laugh. 




I felt a little bad for Chris, if he didn't keep his guard up, Mouse would kill him.

No comments:

Post a Comment