Friday, March 5, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 19 - CHAPTER 5

Alice came and sat by me in homeroom on Thursday and said quietly, "Guess what?"
"What?"
"Um," Alice cleared her throat politely and said, "The, uh....  It's been three months with the baby. It's starting to show."
"Wow, really?" I said, "It's been that long already?"
Alice nodded, sighing, "Well, I don't know why I told you that. I guess I just wanted to tell someone."
I nodded back, "Yeah, it's fine."


Geoffry sat with us at lunch today. He was arguing with Chris about a band that he liked.
"Come on, Chris, Queen is really great!" He said, "I really think you'd like them."
Chris scoffed, "Yeah, in 1975. They're so old fashion, Geoffry. Why do you think I'll like them?"
Geoffry looked like he was trying to be patient, which he was annoyingly good at. 
He said calmly, "I love Queen. Come on, just listen to a few songs, they're not that old fashion."
Chris eyed the CD Geoffry had put in his hands, "What song do you want me to listen to?"
"Good Old Fashion Lover Boy." Geoffry said, holding his breath as Chris gave him a look.
"You have got to be kidding me." Chris said, handing the CD back to Geoffry.
I groaned, "Stop being such a teenager, Chris." I hated myself for siding with Geoffry, but Chris was just so annoying sometimes.
Chris gave me his stupid oh-my-god-you're-so-annoying look and said, "Well, I am a teenager, actually. I can't act like one?" 
"Don't be annoying. Listen to the damn CD and shut up about it." I said flatly.
"Don't be rude." Chris said curtly, taking the CD from Geoffry's hand, "Fine, I'll listen to it."
Geoffry smiled, "Cool, good."




I kind of hate that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment