Friday, March 5, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 19 - CHAPTER 3

I came into homeroom yesterday and Leo was acting really weird. He was sitting in a desk by the window, staring blankly out it.
I walked over to him and bent down. I said gently, "Leo?"
He almost jumped out of his skin as he whirled around and sputtered, "A-Angela! Oh god, it's you! We need to talk!"
I cocked my head at him, confused, "Is everything alright?"
Leo laughed nervously, looking like a crazy person, "Angela, I really need to talk to you."
I looked around the room and observed that no one was staring at Leo, which was a bit surprising to me because he currently looked a bit crazy. I nodded and sat down with Leo, "Okay, what important conversation do you wish to have with me?"
Leo opened his mouth to say something, but decided to stare into my eyes instead. He stared at my face dreamily and tilted his head to the side, a smile breaking across his face.
I hated myself as I felt my face flush, "What?"
Leo smiled at me, "You're just really pretty."
I tried to look pissed, "Stop it. What were you going to say?"
As if remembering what it was that he had been so anxious to tell me about, Leo blinked and looked excited again, "Okay, Angela! So, I was talking to Chris yesterday and I asked him if he's ever liked a girl before...."
I rolled my eyes, but gestured for him to go on. Leo said nervously, "And he said he fell in love with this girl in kindergarten with this weird name.... Er.... Kickball...."
I looked at him and smiled with recalation, "Marble Hopscotch. Wow, he still remembers her?"
Does Chris remember his kindergarten crush; What kind of freaking question is that? I thought, Of course he does! Chris remembers everything. I, however, practically forgot about her!
I thought about her more and nodded, "Yeah, she was that redhead that always played Barbies with Chris...."
I stopped and looked at Leo curiously. I said slowly, "What about her?"
Leo gave me an anxious look and tried to take my hands in his, but, without taking my eyes off him, slapped his hands away from mine. He said slowly, "I asked Kathy what her favorite game was when she was a kid and she said kickball!"
My jaw sagged as I understood what he was getting to. 
Leo leaned in closer and said very slowly, lowering his voice, "I asked her if she had any nicknames as a kid..... Angela, she said Marble."
Even thought it was obvious what he was talking about, I asked Leo, "A-are you saying that.... Marble...... Was Kathy..... And that Chris was in love with her as a little kid?"
Leo nodded and my brain slowed down. I couldn't believe it! 
I pursed my lips and said, "Should we tell Chris?"
Leo shook his head, "I don't know, probably. Would he want to know?"
I thought about it and shook my head, "No, he wouldn't. I think we should just let him go on with life."
Leo nodded and the bell rang for first hour to start. We left for our first classes of the day.




I couldn't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment