Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cool With A "K" PART 19 - CHAPTER 11

When Dad got home from work, Mom said, "Hi, Honey!"
"Hey, Trish." Dad said, giving her a kiss.
She and Dad came into the living room, where Chris and I were.
Dad studied Chris's bruised face and Mom said to him calmly, "Honey, Chris got suspended from school today."
Dad's jaw practically dropped and he said sternly, "What? Why?"
The sad thing was that he almost looked impressed.
Mom said gently, "He got in a fight, with Mouse."
Chris hung his head in shame and Dad said, "Chris did? In a fight? With Mouse? Really?"
Mom nodded and Chris looked confused. He stuttered, "I-I'm very sorry, father."
Dad grinned enthusiastically at Mom, but, seeing her disapproving expression, he put on a straight face and said, "Um.... Chris, I need to have a talk with you."
Chris looked at me for help and I gestured for him to go with Dad. Head hung, Chris walked over to Dad and they went into the kitchen.




"I-I'm so sorry, Dad." Chris stuttered, "I know that fighting is never the answer! It's a terrible, terrible thing and it's bad for the brain!"
Dad raised an eyebrow at his son, "Who told you that?"
"Um, never mind." Chris said quietly, "I'm sorry."
Dad tried to look 'disappointed' in his son, but he couldn't help letting a grin break across his face. "Chris, I can't believe you took on that Mouse girl! She's tough, and you took her on!"
Dad hugged Chris and said, "I'm so proud of you, son!"
He sounded like he was about to start tearing up. Chris was so confused. Why did Dad think that was a good thing?
"A-are you kidding?" Chris asked.
Dad ruffled Chris's hair and said, "Of course not, son! You finally stood up for yourself, without your sister!"
Chris nodded glumly, 'Yes, but I got suspended. It ruined my perfect record."
Chris's Dad realized that encouraging fights probably wasn't the wisest idea as a father and he cleared his throat, "N-not that you should do it again, I just, err...."
Chris blinked as Dad tried to find the right words. 
"I'm just glad that you stood up for yourself." Dad saved, grinning awkwardly.
Chris nodded uncertainly, "Thanks for the talk, Dad."
Dad nodded and said, "It's good for us. Father-son bonding."
Chris nodded again and, feeling uncomfortable with the fact that his Dad was actually talking to him like a father to a son, turned around and went back into the living room.




Chris and Dad came back into the living room and Chris looked really confused. Little did they know that Mom and I could hear their whole conversation and Mom was not pleased with Dad's parenting skills.
As he walked past her, Mom whispered to Dad, "We'll talk about this later."
Dad looked defensive and nodded stupidly.
Chris and I went back to our rooms and Chris did homework. I watched T.V.




Chris pretty much did homework and read books and looked up pictures of the Glee cast for his entire suspension. Wow, booorrriinngggg. Why couldn't I have been the one who was suspended?

No comments:

Post a Comment