Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cool With A "K" PART 28.5 - CHAPTER 18

Leo sat on a bench at recess, swirling his foot around in a pile of sand on the ground.
"Leo..." A voice came from beside him.
Leo looked up; Kathy was standing there.
His face fell and he said, "Oh, it's you."
Sorry to disappoint you. Kathy thought. She was tempted to say it out loud, but she didn't want to say anything that could make matters worse.
Kathy sat down next to Leo on the bench and said, "Leo, please look at me."
Leo turned his face toward hers. His dark hair hung from his head and his expression was anything but positive.
Kathy bit her lip and made herself look him in the eyes.
"Leo.... I'm sorry." She said.
When Leo didn't say anything, Kathy continued, "For everything. For the party, for how I treated Tae-Hyun, for how I treated you... I'm really, really sorry and I hope you can find a way to forgive me."
Leo's face was as blank as a fresh sheet of paper.
Kathy nodded to him in respect and stood up to leave.
Leo watched her walk away.
When Kathy had almost reached the school building, Leo called after her, "Hey, Kathy."
She turned around to see Leo jogging toward her.
Leo reached her and stood right in front of her, unlike before when he wouldn't go within three feet of her.
Serious, but not as harsh as before, Leo said, "It's okay. Thank you for apologizing. You, uh... You acted... Really bad... And..."
Now, he wasn't as scary and intimidating. Leo was shifting from foot to foot as he tried to find the right words.
"Uh... You were, like, really mean and stuff... And..." He said awkwardly.
Kathy raised an eyebrow at Leo and cracked a grin.
Leo ran his fingers through his hair and sighed, "I'm, uh, I'm... Sorry...  Too."
He glanced at Kathy sheepishly then quickly looked away.
Kathy smiled warmly and said, "If you forgive me, I'll forgive you."
Leo nodded, "You're forgiven."
"You're forgiven, too." Kathy said, smiling. She saw the edge of Leo's mouth turn up just the slightest bit.
He waved and said, "I'll see you later, Kath."
Kathy saved back, "See you."
Kathy watched Leo walk away and she smiled to herself.
"I'm done." She thought, "I'm clear. No one's mad at me anymore so I have everything figured out."
Then her face fell and she said softly to herself, "That's not true.




"I still don't know who's been putting things in my locker."

No comments:

Post a Comment