Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cool With A "K" PART 30 - CHAPTER 11

On Monday, I sat in homeroom, talking to Alice.
Then, the door opened and Geoffry came in. He stood in front of the door, smirking proudly, until kids started to look at him. 
Geoffry walked across the room with Alice, me, and some other students watching him. 
Chris was reading a book and didn't look up. Geoffry walked right to him and grabbed his wrist, pulling him out of his seat. 
Chris, who hadn't noticed Geoffry, was completely defenseless. Geoffry grabbed Chris with both hands and kissed him dramatically.
Alice and I gawked at them. Chris' hands waved helplessly in the air. 
Mrs. Green leaned around her computer to look at them.
Geoffry leaned away and grinned. Chris just stared at him, stupefied.
"Mr. Harper, will you please save all of that for outside of school?" She said, sounding annoyed. 
Chris turned his head and gawked blankly at her. "What?"
Mrs. Green gave him a look and said, "That behavior is not appropriate for school, Mr. Harper."
"And you're telling me this?" Chris asked, "But it was- he just- Geoffry-"
"And Geoffry Canning!" Mrs. Green squealed, "Get out of my classroom! And go straight to yours!"
"Oh, sorry." Geoffry said coolly. He smirked and waved flirtily at Chris, walking to the door. 
As he left, he tugged down his pink skinny jeans by his belt loops so we could all see his underwear.
Geoffry left the room and Mrs. Green looked even more angry than she did when Monica chewed her out the week before. 
Chris fell limply into his chair, speechless.
When we went to our first hour classes, I snickered to Chris, "Well, that was one hell of a kiss."
"Shut up!" He hissed. 


Chris got into the lunch line after Mouse. He was still in a bad mood from that morning.
Tina got in line next to him and said, "Good afternoon, Chris."
"Hi, Tina." Chris murmured. 
The lunch lady plopped food onto their trays and Tina said, "So, I heard that Geoffry kissed you."
Staring at his tray, Chris shook his head, "Tsk, he has. Quite a few times, actually."
"I meant today." Tina said, "And he did it without your permission, didn't he?"
Mouse looked at Tina. 
Chris sighed, "Yeah, he... Wait, how did you know that?!" 
"Well, I-" Tina began.
"Do other people know?" Chris cried defensively, leaving the lunch line with his tray.
Mouse stood next to Chris and listened silently.
Tina said quietly, "The kids in your homeroom class do."
Chris and Mouse stared at her and she added, "I'm sorry, it's not any of my business. I wanted to make sure you were okay."
Chris softened up a little bit. Walking with Mouse and Tina, he said quietly, "Well, that's nice of you... Yeah, I guess I'm fine..."
Mouse tensed next to him.
"If he does anything like that when teachers aren't around, you should let me know." Tina said, smiling a little and pulling at the blue sash over her shoulder, "Hall monitor." 
Chris smiled, "Thanks."
Mouse turned and walked the other way.
"Mouse...?" Chris said. 
She stormed through the lunchroom and dropped her tray on the lunch table where her friends always sat. 
Watching her leave, Tina said, "I wonder what's wrong?"
Chris shrugged, "I dunno... Want to sit with us today?"




"Sure, thank you." Tina replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment