Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cool With A "K" PART 29 - CHAPTER 20

Leo stormed through the study hall door and into the hallway, trying to walk and angrily as possible.
I joined him and said, "I wish my brother was normal."
"Normal as in not attracted to men?" Leo suggested, "Or normal as in not an a--hole?"
"Both." I answered, "He is such a jerk."
Soon, Geoffry joined us in our walk and said perkily, "So, what are you guys talking about?"
We both looked at him and said, "Chris."
Geoffry nodded, "Okay, what about him?"
Leo and I glanced at each other; he really didn't know.
"No one told you?" I asked Geoffry, keeping a snarl in my voice.
Geoffry shook his head and I sighed, "Chris went out with Julien."
I nodded and agreed, "Yeah, and he kissed him."
Geoffry raised his eyebrows in surprise and exclaimed, "What?! That traitor!"
"I know!" Leo said, "That kid is really pissing me off."
"What do you say we all kick his ass?" I said.
Leo nodded, "I'm in!"
Leo and I started to walk faster and Geoffry grabbed the back of our collars.
"Woah, woah, woah." He said.
"What?!" I cried, annoyed that Geoffry was getting in the way again.
Geoffry gave us both a look and said, "I can take care of this."
I sighed in disappointment and Leo said quietly to me, "Let him go, Ange. He's in this, too."
"How?" I hissed back, "How is Geoffry involved?"
Leo shrugged and said softly, "He and I are kinda friends. We both want Julien out of here and our exes back. He stood up for me before and I sort of owe him one."
I scowled and sighed again loudly, "Fine."
Leo and I watched Geoffry storm down the hallway to look for Chris.


Chris walked down the hallway, on his way to the lunchroom, with a cheerful grin on his face.
Geoffry came up behind him and turned him around, "Hey! Chris!"
Surprised, Chris said, "What?"
"You are such a jerk!" Geoffry scolded Chris, "Why would you go out with that Julien guy?"
Chris gasped, looking offended, and said, "Why should you care?"
"Because, Chris, that's not fair." Geoffry said.
Chris crossed his arms and snapped, "Since when do you know what is and isn't fair? What did I do that made that unfair?"
Geoffry ground his teeth together, trying to figure out what to say. "Because I hate him! You kissed him and that is just wrong!"
"Oh, please!" Chris cried bitterly, "Remember when you made out with Mouse at Leo's house? How is that any different?"
Geoffry snorted, "It's different because she's your friend."
Chris huffed, "My friend? She beats me up and bullies me every day. Stop being so freaking hypocritical! Who I go out with and who I kiss is my business, not yours, Geoffry!"
Geoffry studied Chris hesitantly, then he took Chris' head in his hands and swiftly smooched him on the lips.
Chris gave Geoffry a forceful shove and gasped, gawking at him in shock.
Geoffry breathed in and out helplessly and said, "I love you."
Chris drew his hand to his mouth, looking like he was thinking. Slowly, he looked back up at Geoffry and said very softly, "Don't waste your time."
"Why?" Geoffry asked, his voice wavering.
Chris' jaw tightened and he said, "Because I don't love you back."
Geoffry's shoulders sagged and Chris stormed off down the hallway.
Geoffry stood there for a while, biting his lip and thinking, Well, that went worse than I thought it would... Should I go after him?
"Chris, wait." Geoffry called down the hall, jogging toward where Chris had turned the corner.
Chris turned around and said sharply, "What do you want now?"
"I love you, Chris. I want you back." Geoffry said pathetically.
Chris gave him a stern look and said curtly, "I thought you were head-over-heels in love with Mouse? Why don't you chase after her? That might teach you a lesson or two about invading peoples' space."
Geoffry shook his head and said quietly, "Come on, I never said I was in love with her..."
Chris grimaced and exclaimed in disgust, "Oh, God, are you? I was exaggerating, but you really are?"
Geoffry looked down at his feet awkwardly and Chris scoffed, "Why would you go after another partner when you can't even handle one? I can't believe you, Geoffry. You are so selfish and ignorant. You have no sense of what's right and wrong and you need to realize that if you keep screwing everyone over then you're going to end up alone!""
"Stop it, Chris, just stop!" Geoffry hollered. He looked Chris in the eyes, "Why are you attacking me like that? Seriously, it's not like you're any better of a person than I am. Yeah, Chris, I've messed up before, but you make me feel terrible about myself."
Chris raised his eyebrows, irritated, and Geoffry continued, raising his voice, "You nag at me all the time about what a bad person I am, but you're not all that either. You're snobby, you're selfish, you never stop to think about what you could be doing to other people. I have feelings to, you know."
Chris opened his mouth to speak, but Geoffry cut in, "You know, maybe I should just give up on you. You're not that great anyway."
Chris' eyelids fluttered and he stared at Geoffry, who was studying him seriously. Geoffry's eyebrows were knit and his eyes were angry and tired.
Geoffry spun around and stormed down the hallway, leaving Chris standing alone.
As Geoffry turned the corner, he wiped his eyes and realized that he had started crying. He covered his face in shame and sniffed quietly.
"Stupid Chris." Geoffry said into his hands, 


"Stupid, stupid Chris."

No comments:

Post a Comment