Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cool With A "K" PART 30 - CHAPTER 14

Geoffry walked purposefully across the lunchroom, holding his lunch tray. He walked up to the table where Tina was sitting. She was wearing a bright orange and yellow sweater and her purple hair was in buns on either side of her head. Her navy blue Hall Monitor sash was draped over one shoulder.
Geoffry forcefully put his tray down on the table and sat down across from Tina. She looked up from her lunch, chewing slowly.
Geoffry stared at her with his eyes in slits.
After a while, Tina asked, "May I help you?"
Geoffry flinched, sitting up straight. He didn't take his eyes off her and he slowly picked up his fork. 
Tina watched him nervously. She watched Geoffry hold up his fork, then thrust it into his mashed potatoes. He scooped it back up and took a quick bite.
Tina gave him a puzzled look and Geoffry said, "What? I have to eat, too."
"Alright." Tina said, nodding. She set down her spoon and folded her hands on the table. "So, what brings you here?"
Geoffry, who hadn't stop staring at her, said, "Oh, I just thought that since we're enemies now, I should keep a better eye on you."
"Pardon?"
"Enemies, Fackler." Geoffry said, putting his hands on the table as well, "Don't even try to stop me. There's no rule that says I can't stalk you to keep you from ruining my life."
Tina stared at him, a look of complete confusion on her face.

I studied Geoffry and Tina from our lunch table across the room. I said, "Huh. I've been seeing Geoffry and Tina together a lot. What do you think is going on?"
Leo snickered, "Maybe they're dating."
Chris hit him on the shoulder and said, "Uhg, gross!"
"Well, that would be an odd couple." Alice said, chuckling.
"Alice!" Chris gave her a helpless look. "What's wrong with you guys?"
I raised an eyebrow at him. I glanced at Alice, then gave Chris a curious look.
"What's wrong with us?" I asked, grinning, "Why are you so bent out of shape?"
Chris froze. He said sharply, "I'm not!"
Leo snorted and said, "Yeah, you are."
We all stared at Chris. He clenched his teeth and stared back, then he relaxed and said coolly, "Angie likes Tina."
I smacked my hand to my face and said, "Chris, for the last time, I do not have a crush on Tina."
Leo looked shocked, "Woah, Ange, you have a crush on Tina?"
"No!" I cried.
Leo shook his head, "That is so hot."
Alice started laughing. I looked at Mouse, who had her head propped up on her hand and she was stirring all her food together on her lunch tray. 
"Dang, Mouse. You've been awfully quiet." I said, distracting my friends from Chris' comment about Tina.
Mouse glanced up from her tray and said, "So?"
"We've been arguing since we sat down and you haven't said anything." Leo said.
Mouse gave him a sour look and said, "Don't be so full of yourself, ass wipe. Your conversations aren't that interesting."
Leo and I looked at each other and we all said, "Ooooh!"
Chris was grinning now. He took a sip of his milk and said curiously, "So, Mouse, what's gotten your goat?"
Mouse looked disgusted. "What?"
Alice remarked, "You're acting weird."
Looking angry, Mouse snapped, "I'm not acting weird, guys, lay off. Go back to your gossip about Geoffry and Tina."
We all watched her stab her broccoli rather viciously with her fork. She wouldn't look at us and didn't say anything else.
I put up my hands in surrender and said, "Okay, fine. Nothing's wrong."
Mouse shot me a look and we went back to our conversation without her.


Tina studied Geoffry and said slowly, "... What do you mean keep me from ruining your life?"
Geoffry scoffed, "Oh, please, Fackler. Don't act so innocent."
"You know, you can call me Tina."
Geoffry smiled tightly and said, "Right. You really don't know anything about being enemies, do you?"
"Wait, I still don't understand." Tina said, holding up her hands, "Why do you think we're enemies?"
Geoffry stood up from his seat and leaned over the table. Tina leaned back as he got closer. He stared at her.
"I know what you're doing. You're trying to keep me off your trail." Geoffry said, smirking, "It's not working."
Tina looked confused and Geoffry went on, his face suddenly stoic, "Look, I know that you think it's funny to make my life miserable, but honestly! On a bad day- which is quite often -My mother won't let me have anyone over."
Geoffry pointed to himself and said, "If I can't hook up during school hours, all I have is a little bit of fooling around after school, and I can not cope with that."
Tina watched him, startled, and asked, "Why are you telling me this?"
"Because," Geoffry said, "You asked why we're enemies. You'll just waltz over to me and a girl and break it up for your own entertainment."
"Geoffry," Tina said flatly, "It's not for my own entertainment. Ms. Nelson made me the hall monitor-"
Geoffry shook his head and said, "Please, Fackler. Don't make excuses."
With that, he abruptly stood up and walked to another table.
Tina sat by herself, trying to understand what Geoffry was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment