Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cool With A "K" PART 30 - CHAPTER 8

I sat in homeroom the next morning, talking to Chris and Alice.
Monica Monroe stormed into the room, looking furious, and a few boys hooted at her.
"Shut up!" She barked at them. She sat in her chair and put her feet up on her desk.
Monica is one of the "popular girls" at our school. People always say that she's totally fearless and "tries everything". She, along with Rosa Martinez, is known for apparently having slept with a third of the boys in our grade, but I was convinced that that was a rumor.
"So, who's is it?" One boy called.
Monica stuck up her middle finger at him and Mrs. Green said, "Now, kids, that is not appropriate school behavior."
"Can it, blondie." Monica spat.
I looked at Alice, "What's wrong with Monica?"
Alice shrugged and Chris said, his eyes shining, "Haven't you heard? All morning people have been saying that Monica's..."
He lowered his voice, "Pregnant."
Alice looked surprised, "Really?"
"That's complete crap." I said.
Chris looked nervous, "What makes you say that?"
I crossed my arms, "Okay, people make stuff up about each other all the time at this school. Why should we believe that Monica's pregnant?"
"Hey!" Monica snapped, getting to her feet, "That's bulls--t! You think that just because someone said it means it's true?"
I raised my hands defensively, "No, I'm saying that it's probably not true."
Monica glowered at me and said, "Watch yourself, Harper."
I rolled my eyes and Monica huffed, falling back into her chair.
"Geez, she's in a bad mood." Alice mumbled.
"I wonder who's it is." Chris said, staring at Monica curiously with his arms crossed.
"Okay, seriously, Chris?" I said, "Did you hear what I just said? It's not true."
I heard a dull tapping sound come from behind me. I turned to look at the door.
Geoffry stood behind the window next to the door, tapping the glass. Chris' eyes narrowed and Geoffry rubbed his hands on his own chest, pretending to lick the window.
"Uch!" Chris scoffed in disgust, "He is so immature."
Alice shook her head, "Wow, he really has no shame, does he?"
Geoffry pointed through the window and did a pelvic thrust in Monica's direction.
I snorted and my friends looked at me. I wiped the grin off my face.
"That's not funny at all." I said.
Alice and Chris looked displeased and Geoffry kept making gestures through the window. Chris' jaw tightened.
I looked at Mrs. Green to see that she was busy talking to Monica, probably scolding her for being loud and flipping off another student.
"Don't let him get a rise out of you, Chris." Alice warned, "It'll just give him what he wants."
Chris shook his head, arms crossed, and sat down silently. He probably would've flipped Geoffry the bird, too, if he wasn't afraid of getting in trouble.
Monica yelled, "Screw off, Mrs. Green!", kicked over a chair, and stormed out of the classroom.
The whole class turned to look at Mrs. Green. Her pinched face was scrunched up even more than usual. She sighed and smiled tightly, looking to the door.
Geoffry stopped making gestures at Chris through the window. Made a kissing face at Mrs. Green and when she gave him a look, he stuck out his tongue, laughing, and walked away.
Mrs. Green's face turned pink and the bell rang.
"Okay, class, time for first period." Mrs. Green said, and everyone left the classroom.


Later that day, Chris and I walked to our next class. We saw Geoffry standing in the hallway, kissing some girl.
Chris looked pissed and he didn't say anything as we walked by.
Then, Tina ran up to Geoffry, grabbed his collar, and jerked him away from the girl he was kissing.
"Geoffry! How dare you cheat on me?!" Tina cried.
Chris and I looked at each other, both equally surprised.
"What?" Geoffry said.
"Oh, don't you give me that look." Tina snapped, "Why didn't you call me last night?"
"I'm sorry, who's she?" The girl Geoffry had been kissing said.
Geoffry looked at her and said, "Uh, she's no one."
"I'm no one?" Tina cried, "I'm your girlfriend!"
The girl held up her hands and said, "I didn't know Geoffry had a girlfriend."
"I don't!" Geoffry exclaimed.
Tina crossed her arms, "You don't? You don't? What the heck does that make me, then?! Is there something you wanna talk about, Geoffry?"
"I think I should go." The girl said.
Geoffry looked at her, "Wait, no!"
"Bye, Geoffry." The girl said. She nodded at Tina and walked away.
After a pause, Tina took out her little notepad and said, "Well, Geoffry, I'm afraid I have to write you up again."
Geoffry let out a slow, long sigh and turned to face her.
"Why do you keep doing this to me?" He snapped.
Tina raised one eyebrow at him, "How many times do I have to tell you that you just need to get to class? I'm just doing my job."
Geoffry scoffed, "Your job? You call prancing around the hallway messing up my fun a job?"
"Well, I wouldn't phrase it that way-" Tina said.
"Whatever." Geoffry snapped, "It's not cool, and I'm pretty sure you're not my girlfriend!"
Tina gave him a look and he added, "... And if you are, I'm sorry."
"No, I'm not your girlfriend, Geoffry." Tina sighed, "I said that I was to get Jessica to go back to class."
Geoffry knit his eyebrows and chuckled, "Who's Jessica?"
Tina looked really disappointed now.
"The girl you were just kissing." Tina said.
Geoffry bit his lip awkwardly, "Oh..."
Tina shook her head and said, "Go to class, Geoffry. Please don't let me catch you out here again."
Geoffry scowled as he watched Tina walk down the hallway. He studied her bright purple hair and her brown sweater with a giraffe on the back. 
Geoffry shook his head and mumbled to himself, "What makes her so special?"

No comments:

Post a Comment