Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cool With A "K" PART 31 - CHAPTER 1

Leo's mother, Jessica, stood at the stove. She called to her five-year-old daughter, "Mary! Can you get your brother for dinner?"
"Yes, Mommy!" Mary called back, hopping off of the couch. She shot up the stairs and down the hall to Leo's room. Without knocking, she turned the knob and flung open the door.
"Leeeoooo! Time for dinner, you-" Mary stopped in mid-sentence, her eyes bulging.
Leo was sitting on his bed. Tae-Hyun was with him and they were kissing. They whirled around to look at Mary and their eyes widened in horror.
Mary stared back at them, her jaw hanging open and her little hand still on the doorknob.
Tae-Hyun's face turned bright red and Leo held up his hand to Mary in defense.
"Mary..." He said firmly, "Do not... Tell Mom about this. Do you hear me?"
Leo's little sister, mortified, stared at him a moment longer. She sucked in a breath, squeezed her eyes shut, and bellowed, "MOMMY!!!!!"
Leo and Tae-Hyun's eyes widened and they looked sideways at each other.


So, as you probably guessed, Leo and Tae-Hyun got back together. Tae-Hyun was "mad at him" for a while, but I have a feeling that she was never really that angry, she was just pissed about Leo being a jerk and was too proud to apologize for getting mad. To be honest, I don't think she ever stopped loving him in the first place.
Chris has been acting a little weird lately, like the other night at dinner...
Chris, Mom, and I sat around the table, picking at our food with our forks.
"So," Mom said conversationally, "How about the three of us go see that new movie at the theater in downtown? It has Zac Efron in it."
"Sweet, let's go." I said, nodding.
"No." Chris said abruptly, dropping his fork with a clatter. Mom and I both looked at him in surprise.
"But Chris, you love Zefron." Mom said, looking disappointed.
Chris blurted, "We can't, that's the theater where Geoffry wor-"
He stopped talking, eyes wide. He glanced between us nervously and suddenly became extremely interested in his dinner.
"I do not love Zefron." He muttered.
Geoffry recently got a job selling concessions at a movie theater fifteen, twenty minutes away from our house. Chris is tweaky about seeing him for some reason. He's been a little weird about it for the past couple of weeks, ever since that whole big dramatic thing that happened right before the spring barbecue happened at our school.
Oh, and another thing; the school year is almost over. 
This year seemed to go by really, really slowly for some reason. A lot of bad things happened. Beside the fact that I almost failed French (I don't know why!), there was a lot of, er, drama. With my friends and I. I don't know, a lot of bad things just happened.
On the bright side, though, I guess there were a lot of good things that happened, too. We met Tae-Hyun this year. I also met Tina. They're both awesome. My brother learned a few important lessons... I think. I know that Leo learned a few things, and I did, too. Really, I think I learned more from my friends this year than I did from what they actually teach at school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment