Friday, May 13, 2011

Cool With A "K" PART 29 - CHAPTER 23

On the way to the buses, I passed Julien's locker, where he was putting all of his things in his backpack.
I walked closer and said softly, "Julien?"
Julien looked up and smiled a little, "Oh, hello, Angela."
"What are you doing?" I asked him, leaning against another locker.
Julien sighed, looking at his backpack, "Leaving."
I raised my eyebrows at him, "Leaving? What?"
Julien turned to me and said, "Angela, I'm a temporary exchange student. I've stayed at Leo's house for four weeks and now I'm going back to France."
My eyes widened in surprise and Julien said, "Did you not know that?"
I shook my head, "No, I didn't."
"Oh..." Julien said, smiling, "I'm sorry, I should have told you."
Why should he have told me? I thought.
Julien twirled his finger in a strand of my hair for a second and said, "You were always so nice to me and look at how I repaid you."
Yeah, you kissed my brother. I wanted to say, but I didn't.
"You know," Julien said, "I really regret not talking to you more. I asked Chris out because... I was afraid to ask you."
My face flushed and my jaw dropped.
"Are you serious?" I said, trying to keep my voice steady.
Julien nodded, smiling shyly, "Yes, it's true. I know I should have talked to you, but I was embarrassed."
"Why?" I asked quietly.
"Because..." Julien said, "It can be hard to talk to pretty girls."
I was speechless. Was this actually happening?
Julien slung his bag over his shoulder and said, "Well, I should really go. It's always good to talk to you, Angela."
I blinked and said, "Wait, you have to go? Right now? Why right now?"
Julien smiled, "I have to get a good night's sleep so I can catch a plane in the morning... I'll see you around."
I nodded and said softly, "Goodbye, Julien."
Attacking me with those gorgeous brown eyes for one moment longer, Julien turned and walked toward the stairs. Then, he ran back to me and quickly kissed me on the cheek.
I gasped in surprise and Julien shot me a grin. Before I knew it, he was gone again.
I stood alone in the hallway for a moment, thinking about what had just happened, and a smiled to myself.




Wow, I thought dreamily, Julien likes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment